android
Old 04-16-2008, 07:20 AM

Default Question on the ZVM

Iím looking to buy either a Creative M or the ZEN. Just have a quick question about the interface.

I've watched the ABI video of the ZEN interface. In the ďalbumĒ selection, where there is the choice of browsing through the albums via the alphabet. I hear that the ZEN interface is the same as the Mís. Would anyone happen to know what the ZVM would do if the album name was in Chinese? Would it still be there or would this feature not work?
<o> </o>
Thanks in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-16-2008, 08:32 AM

I don't think it would. Well, it would work, but as far as I remember (my zen is broken ) it put any non-alphabetical symbol on the top of the list. So, you can still use the function, but it regards the chinese symbols as if it were questionmarks, commas etc. so if you have like 1000 chinese songs on there the A,B,C search function wouldn't be of much use.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:15 PM

Thanks, Hmm lol. I have around 3000 Chinese tracks, I'll probably have to re-tag them so that the English names of albums are there, along with the Artists name in English then.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't know for certain, but I think if you were to select the Chinese language on your player, it may sort your albums (and everything else) in order according to the Chinese alphabet.

However, even if you left the player set to English, the Chinese characters are represented in Unicode, so all the Chinese-named tracks would display in order according to their position in the Unicode table... and preceding English tracks. Of course, the quick-browse (where you press the right-arrow button to bring up the alphabetical index) won't work for the Chinese tracks.

Edit: Scratch the first option. Even when set to the Chinese language, the alphabet bar on the right side of the album list is still in English. You may need Asian firmware for it to work properly.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:13 PM

Thanks ZenChick. It's funny how Creative is a Singaporean company, and they haven't exactly got it to work. It isn't such a big issue for me, but it would be nice if it had that feature.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The official language in Singapore is English, with Malay and Tamil used with regularity there as well, along with some Mandarin. But, as I said, you might be able to get it to properly work with Chinese character sets using Asian firmware.