android
Old 04-16-2008, 05:03 PM

Default Anyone using a Fuze+MicroSDHC in MSC mode?

I've been looking for a 16GB flash player for a while but haven't been happy with the current options. Basically I'd like a 16GB Clip, so I'm considering an 8GB Fuze + 8GB MicroSDHC. However, I'm concerned about how the syncing is going to work in Winamp.

Primarily I'm concerned about how playlists will work in MSC mode. With the Clip, m3u playlists work great in MSC mode as long as the playlists contain relative paths. How would this work with the MicroSDHC? While I undersand the internal and MicroSDHC memory will both be integrated in the Fuze's database, the memory is not physically integrated, right? It's two separate "drives", right?

I would assume that means that you can't have a playlist that includes files from both internal and MicroSDHC memory? Playlists on the internal memory could only include files in the internal memory and playlists on the MicroSDHC memory could only include files in the MicroSDHC memory?

So what does this mean for syncing in Winamp? Will Winamp see the Fuze as two separate portable devices? That would be good because you could send some playlists to the internal and some to the MicroSDHC. If Winamp somehow sees the Fuze as a single device I'm not sure how the playlists will work. Anyone ever tried this?

Even if you're not using Winamp, could someone using MSC mode with a MicroSDHC card please confirm if my understanding of how playlists work is correct?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-15-2008, 05:18 PM

I am using a Fuze with 4GB internal and 4GB external. The memory is separate I've had to create an MSC mode playlist for each memory separately. My playlists are in .m3u format, are stored in the \MUSIC directory, and work correctly.
Jerry

Old 06-16-2008, 10:44 AM

Cool. Thanks for the reply. That's how I was expecting it to work.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:30 AM

Beware that if you fill the total 16GB of memory you are looking at 4 minutes to refresh the database everytime you change any of the files.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylicht View Post
Beware that if you fill the total 16GB of memory you are looking at 4 minutes to refresh the database everytime you change any of the files.
My Fuze has 16GB (8+8), and it doesn't take four minutes to refresh my media, but rather a minute or less. It's really nothing more than a slight nuisance.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylicht View Post
i have a e260 with no micro sd card and it takes also about 3 minutes to refresh...

Old 08-02-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnk View Post
i have a e260 with no micro sd card and it takes also about 3 minutes to refresh...
I have an e260, also, they can take 2-5 minutes longer than Fuze's...
Sansa e260 Rockbox 4GB + 120 MB

Old 08-08-2008, 08:24 AM

Does it matter which brand you use for the microsd? I'm thinking of getting this microsd card... is it compatible?

http://www.ibuy.com.au/buy/79306_SAN..._SDHC_4GB.aspx

Old 08-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2co View Post
Does it matter which brand you use for the microsd? I'm thinking of getting this microsd card... is it compatible?

http://www.ibuy.com.au/buy/79306_SAN..._SDHC_4GB.aspx
Brand shouldn't matter, but yes, that Sandisk MicroSDHC card is compatible with the Sandisk Sansa Fuze.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chensington View Post
My Fuze has 16GB (8+8), and it doesn't take four minutes to refresh my media, but rather a minute or less. It's really nothing more than a slight nuisance.
Does this have to do with what class the card is? My 4gb + 8gbmicrosdhc also takes a few mins. to refresh...it's a class 2

Old 10-20-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Does this have to do with what class the card is? My 4gb + 8gbmicrosdhc also takes a few mins. to refresh...it's a class 2
No, it's the sansa refreshing db.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc