android
Old 02-12-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Zen V Plus Connection Problems

I was trying to upgrade to the latest firmware. After the upgrade the player wouldn't turn on. When I connect it to the PC, to re-flash the firmware, it now shows up as an STMP3600 device???

I'm running Win XP, SP2, WMP11, will all current updates. And the player was working fine before the firmware update.

I've tried reset, nothing changes -

It will not go into recovery mode, the LED under the PLAY/BACK buttons just flashes when tried.

It's like the player's flash bios has been wiped clean and there is nothing there. And since the player is not recognized as known MTP device in GUI it will not run the firmware update anymore.

Has anyone seen this before or has any idea what I can try to resolve this issue?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-15-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Zen V Plus Connection Problems

I just got my new zen v plus 4gb and there have been a few problems I'd like some advice on. Whenever I connect it to my pc it shows up in my computer with windows explorer and lets me transfer files... for about 15 seconds. Then vista(current os) searches my zen for installation drivers and once those are installed it says that my zen isn't connected anymore and I can't transfer anything. Device manager gives me a code 10 error. I managed to get some files on there but its just impossible to get anything more than a few songs at a time. The software on the CD it comes with doesn't help at all and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers numerous times with device manager. This also happened when I tried to use a sandisk e260. I`ve tried rebooting my zen and that doesn`t help either. Thanks for everything in advance.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:01 AM

Try downloading the software for Vista from Creative's site.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:21 AM

Unhappy i cant install my driver for zen v plus

after installing the driver and restarting when i plug the usb it says found creative zen v plus but when i install it at the end it says cannot install hardware( i got wmp 11 and i've updated my zen media explorer but still it dosent work.. pls smb help me

Old 03-15-2008, 02:33 AM

Which operating system are you running? Is the player itself functioning just fine?

Old 03-15-2008, 02:46 AM

i got windows xp sp2 and yeah the mp3 works fine...

Old 03-15-2008, 04:01 AM

smb got any idea.... i'm in a bad mood

Old 03-25-2008, 02:25 PM

Default Not Connected Problem

Hello,
i bought me a new Zen V with 4 GB space (dont know maybe it's a Zen V+).
As the booklet said i first of all installed the given software, no problem so far.
But when i plugged my Zen V and wanted to music on it, it said:"Your player isnt connected" or something like this. Mh ok, reboot. Same problem. Then i plugged it off the computer and started it to look what i can see on it.
And there it was: recovery mode, firmware problem. Tried all the three options and rebooted but nothing worked.
So i looked arround in the internet. Found the Zen Recovery Tool and wanted to recover my firmware, but then it said "Player not found, please connect" (not exactly but it meant the same ).
I looked arround in the internet again and found the myZenChecker.
GOOD in all points, tried out the zip files that were posted there, and also the manuals, but nothing worked. My player still isnt beeing detected by my computer nor others.

So i hope you understand the problem and are able to help me. Would be great ^^

So far Akashor

Btw sorry for grammar mistakes ^^

Old 04-07-2008, 05:15 PM

Default Zen V Device Not Found-will Not Load Drivers

I've read several sites.
There is an issue with Windows XP not recognizing your device.
You plug it to a USB and XP gives a message "unable to load drivers or device not found"

Don't spend countless hours reinstalling XP or the Creative Zen Software.
Here is what I did to get XP to recognized my ZEV V.

1. Make sure you load the Creative Zen Software like you normally do, if you want to use all the software.
2. Shutdown and connect your device.
3. Reboot and log into Windows, you will get message cannot find drivers.
4. Go through the adding new hardware, and just add your ZEN V as a "MTP" device, which is a generic Windows Portable Media Device driver.
5. Windows will give you a message stating your device may not work as expected, or similar verbiage, but your player will work.
6. Zen V Media Explorer and all the other utilities for the ZEN V will work.

* If you want to charge your device using a regular wall jack, you can order one from Amazon or ebay for cheap.*

Old 04-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juni0r View Post
after installing the driver and restarting when i plug the usb it says found creative zen v plus but when i install it at the end it says cannot install hardware( i got wmp 11 and i've updated my zen media explorer but still it dosent work.. pls smb help me
Make sure you have the latest version of MediaSource (here) and the latest PlayForSure Device Plug-in (here) installed.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-11-2008, 02:05 PM

Sometimes, even after a uninstall , residual parts of the driver stay.
Google "revo uninstaller" and uninstall ALL the creative software with it, it not only removes the program but scans the registry and removes any keys found there
so, so that, reboot and the install the creative software from the cd again

Old 04-17-2008, 01:32 PM

Default Zen v plus connection problem

I had bought zenv plus mp3 player yesterday.

1.Installed all the software in the cd.
2.Then i connected my mp3 player to the system usb port not the hub.
3. In 6 hours it charged only 1/4 part of the battery.( why is it taking so long?)
4. event though the player is connected still click on "ZEN V Series Media Explorer" it shows no player connect. (why is it happening?does this need whole battery to be charged?)
5. I meet all the hardware and software requirements.(xp service pack 2, 512mb ram, media player 11)
6. I also tried to update the driver from device manager but i am getting this error.(why is this error coming?)

please suggest me why my player is not shown on the pc.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The battery can take a while to charge (on USB) if it was pretty low when you got it. It doesn't need to be full to work. If it comes on and stays on, you should be good. If you have it plugged into the computer, it should be charging anyway.

Try forcing it to use the MTP driver:

1. With the Zen connected, uninstall the Zen listing within Device Manager.

2. Using Windows Explorer, navigate into your windows/inf folder and "Copy" (not Cut) the wpdmtp.inf to your desktop.

3. Now connect your device and when it detects it as a new device, don't "automatically install driver. Select " click to specify the location..." and choose not to search for the driver. Click the option to specify what driver you want to use. Click next.

4. The next window should ask you what driver to use and the top of the list should say "show all devices." Click next.

5. The next window select "have disk" and point the path of the driver to the desktop where you put wpdmtp.inf and select OK.

It should then force the MTP driver to load for that device. You have now reinstalled all USB and USB host controller drivers and forced the Zen to use the correct MTP driver it is supposed to use. Again, try to see if your problem still exists.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-19-2008, 09:34 PM

I installed as you said and again plugged my usb but still i am getting error please see the image below. WHAT SHOULD I DO?.

i have service pack but still the problem persists? are there any drivers so that i can install manually?

Old 04-20-2008, 07:31 AM

Default Still won't work

I followed the instructions that Desdemona2u4u gave but my computer still doesn't recognise my zen V device, I tried the process again but I got a message saying you can only install one device at a time. Does this mean it's working? How will I know if it is and when it has finished, I can't keep my laptop running forever!

Old 04-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Make sure you have this service running and set to Automatic in the Services:

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework

It's located in:
Control Panel > Admin Tools > Services

Zen FAQ

Old 04-20-2008, 02:14 PM

yah they are in automatic mode only.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Code 18 generally means it didn't take the update driver attempt. Try it this way:

- Right clicking on the driver when it shows in Device Manager and select Uninstall.
- Then try and add the Zen as a MTP device using Add New Hardware Wizard in Control Manager.
- Manually select the MTP Device and it will load the MTP driver for the Zen.
- If you ever get prompted with anything saying that the device may not work properly or the driver isn't for that device, go through with it anyway.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Try one of these 3 ways:

To change the driver or install the driver in case of error:

- In Device Manager, double left click on the Creative Zen listing under Portable Devices.
- Select the Driver Tab and then select the Update Driver box.
- Select the "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
- Select MTP Device within the Model box and select the Next button.
- Windows will then install the MTP driver for the Zen.
- Select Close on the next two screens and Device Manager should show the Zen under Portable Devices as Creative Zen with no errors.

To force the Zen to use the MTP driver when connected and asked for drivers:

a. With the Zen connected, uninstall the Zen listing within Device Manager.

b. Using Windows Explorer, navigate into your windows/inf folder and "Copy" (not Cut) the wpdmtp.inf to your desktop.

c. Now connect your device and when it detects it as a new device, don't "automatically install driver. Select " click to specify the location..." and choose not to search for the driver. Click the option to specify what driver you want to use. Click next.

d. The next window should ask you what driver to use and the top of the list should say "show all devices." Click next.

e. The next window select "have disk" and point the path of the driver to the desktop where you put wpdmtp.inf and select OK.

It should then force the MTP driver to load for that device. You have now reinstalled all USB and USB host controller drivers and forced the Zen to use the correct MTP driver it is supposed to use. Again, try to see if your problem still exists.

If you can't install the driver when it is first detected or update it in device manager withou an error code, try it this way:

a. With the Zen connected, right clicking on the driver when it shows in Device Manager and select Uninstall.
b. Then try and add the Zen as a MTP device using Add New Hardware Wizard in Control Manager.
c. Manually select the MTP Device and it will load the MTP driver for the Zen.
d. If you ever get prompted with anything saying that the device may not work properly or the driver isn't for that device, go through with it anyway.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-22-2008, 01:18 PM

I have the same fucking problem :x Its there no one who has an idea to solve that problem?