android
Old 04-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Check the Control Panel > Admin Tools> Services for a service called LibUSB-Win32 and disable it. This service has been confirmed at least twice to cause this error with the Zen's driver.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I found the STMP3600 drivers. Extract and install (point to location when Windows tries to load the drivers or do a Driver Update in Device Manager). See if that can get the Zen recognized enough to reload the firmware and recognized properly. I uploaded them here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tz5d9b0lfwf

Zen FAQ

Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 AM

Default Frustrated!

Guys i have tried doing all of these things
I have the software installed
I have media player 11 and I cannot roll back to 10
i dont know what to do
ive spent 2 days trying to get this stupid thing to work
I am getting super frustrated.
I recieved it from a friend and it came with songs - I do know it works
I had to make it mass storage to charge it up. But windows just does not want to install this device for me

Old 05-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What is happening exactly?

Quote:
Are you sure you tried it all? See post 18.

Quote:
Are you referring to the Creative Software? If so, remove it.

Quote:
I have media player 11 and I cannot roll back to 10
You should be able to. Are you using Vista? Vista comes with WMP11 and cannot be reverted back to WMP10 or earlier since it was never installed to begin with. If you are running WinXP, try these instructions for uninstalling. Before you do, try reinstalling WMP11 first. If that doesn't help, then try uninstalling it and install/reinstall WMP10.

Quote:
I do know it works
The problems sounds is most likely within your computer and not the Zen.

Quote:
But windows just does not want to install this device for me
How? What is it doing when you insert it? Any audible alert tones. How does Device Manager react? Does Device Manager show the device or any errors?

Zen FAQ

Old 05-20-2008, 11:11 PM

Default Newby Connection Problem, pls help

I have searched the forum and haven't found an answer to my problem. I have several problems actually. My machine runs Media Center 2004. That means I can't upgrade to WMP 11. My CD drive is fried, so I can't install the software that came with my Zen V Plus. I downloaded the most recent software, CMS5_PCAPP_LB_5_10_38.exe, but it won't install because it cannot see the player. It tries to install, but then craps out when it can't see a player. Windows sees it fine, as a MTP device. It shows up in the device manager. But WMP cannot see it. I don't care about the Creative software, probably wouldn't use it if I had a choice, but I want to use the player if only in WMP. I have tried the registry edit for USB permissions and have uninstalled it through device manager and rebooted and repluged, none of that works. Your help is most appreciated. (Oh I also downloaded the ZenCast software which claimed to have a Zen recognition feature. It couldn't see the device either.)

Old 05-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

When you say Windows sees it fine, do you see it listed under My Computer as a Device? When you see the ZenV listed in Device Manager, did it have an error (exclamation mark over it)? Since you are using Windows Media Center 2004, do you have WMP10 or WMP9 installed? If you have WMP9 installed, upgrade to WMP10. You need at least WMP10. If you already have WMP10 installed, have you tried reinstalling it?

First focus on getting the Zen recognized properly by the OS. Then you can focus on getting it working with software. If the OS isn't happy, no software will work no matter what you try to install.

Zen FAQ

Old 05-21-2008, 08:58 PM

Thanks. Windows Device Manager sees it fine, no exclamation mark, etc. Have uninstalled it rebooted several times. No love. (I have WMP 10). I will try reinstalling WMP.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Does it show under Portable Devices? Do you see it in My Computer as a device? Let us know how the reinstall of WMP10 goes.

Zen FAQ

Old 05-31-2008, 01:40 PM

Default Zenvplus suddenly not recognized Help

My son's player has been working fine since he got it in Jan. He runs on a compaq xp desktop with all correct updatyes and service packs. About two weeks ago he went to downlaod a new song and it says unknown device when he plugs it in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, installed it on my Vists desktop and on my old xp desktop and get the same problem, unknown device. I have been to the my creativefan website, went through all the stuff I was told to there, with no results. It charges and plays fine, but can't download anything. I hate to pay $25 to creative and send it to them and have them send it back saying nothing is wrong. Has anyone had this problem of it suddenly not being recognized? Any solutions greatly appreciated as my son no wants to get an ipod. Thanks, Trekcip a real frustrated mom You can post here are email at trekcip*********

Old 05-31-2008, 09:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello and welcome to ABI. I know this may seem simple, but have you tried a different cable (USB 2.0)? If the cable is bad, you would get that same error where ever you tried connecting.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-02-2008, 12:09 PM

No problem, that was the first thing we tried,bought a brand new one, no luck. It just seems weird that it was working fine and them boom, won't work on any computer, but it does charge and play fine. I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem and could something be wrong in the circuitry of the zen itself? Can't reinstall or upgrade any firmware, since can't get it recognized. Quite a problem, but thanks for replying. Trekcip

Old 06-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Do you get the same result if you boot the Zen V into Recovery Mode and then try connecting?

Zen FAQ

Old 06-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hiya Trekcip!

Have you tried doing a Cleanup from Recovery Mode? Zen-series players are pretty well known for this sort of behavior when a filesystem corruption has occurred. I believe it's meant to protect the database from any further corruption. Cleanup will attempt to repair any corruption it finds and, if successful, this should restore connectivity with the computer.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Hiya Trekcip!

Have you tried doing a Cleanup from Recovery Mode? Zen-series players are pretty well known for this sort of behavior when a filesystem corruption has occurred. I believe it's meant to protect the database from any further corruption. Cleanup will attempt to repair any corruption it finds and, if successful, this should restore connectivity with the computer.

Awww, you're getting a head of me.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

lol... Sowwy!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:43 PM

Thanks for all replies, but have already done all things suggested. One of my son's friend has a zen as well, so we are going to try and plug his into his friend's computer that works with his and see what happens. If it still doens't recognize it, I think there must be something wrong with the mother board in the zen itself. So I guess we will have to bite the bullet and send it back to creative for repair and pay them their $25.00 labor charge since it has been over thier measly 90 days, but at least the parts are covered. Thanks for all the help. Trekcip

Old 06-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Don't give up hope yet. It could easily be a software (MTP/Driver) issue. Let us know how it goes with the other computer. We have plenty of methods for you to try if it ends up working. If it doesn't end up working, that would be the 3rd computer you have tried it on correct? If so, then it will probably be best to send it to Creative for repair/replacement. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 06-03-2008, 07:29 PM

Default Zen V Plus MTP issue with WMP11

Hello,

I have followed all the instructions in FAQ and I have come up with the conclusion that when I have WMP10 installed on my laptop my Zen works fine and it is recognised as a MTP device (without any yellow ?). However, when I install WMP11 a yellow ? appears next to the device on the Device Manager and I cannot access it at all. It does not even charge! I have tried replacing wpdmtp.inf (with WMP11 installed) with the working one (copied when WMP10 was installed). The result is the yellow ? to disappear on the Device Manager but the device is still inaccessible on Creative Media Explorer. However, the ZEN is charged normally! Something to note is that I have recently installed Win XP Pro on my laptop although I had been using Win XP Home (with WMP11) without similar problems for quite a while.

Could you think of a way to keep WMP11 and continue using Zen? Any help is appreciated!!

Cheers,
Panos

Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Creative's software has been known to cause issues with WMP11 installed. Uninstall all Creative software. Uninstall WMP11 and roll back to WMP10 and then reinstall WMP11.

The Zen will charge normally after the driver is loaded properly without error. If the driver is not loaded properly and has an error, it will not charge correctly.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you must use Creative's software with WMP11 installed (like Bobby, I don't recommend this), then you need to look for and download an update patch for Media Explorer from Creative's download site.