android
Old 08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello Weltklasse. Welcome to ABI! Are you still having problems or is everything working fine now that you got the Zen all charged?

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello ronster. Welcome as well.

Quote:
even after I'd shut it down it would turn itself back on again. I didn't have time to deal with it, so when I got back I tried to work it out and it won't even turn on, the screen is just black.
It sounds like a fully depleted battery. You can try connecting it to the computer and let it charge for a few days to see if it begins holding a charge or eventually turns on.

Is the Zen still under warranty? If so, you may be able to get the battery replaced if it is. If it isn't still under warranty, you can attempt to replace the battery yourself. I believe the battery part number is:

DAP-FL0040

EBay has a ton as well as this site. Here is a video on how to open the Zen V. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 08-27-2008, 01:03 AM

Thank you for your prompt reply. I've had it plugged in and it won't recharge, and unfortunately it was under warranty when it happened but not when I came back from overseas.

But should I be concerned that the computer isn't recognising it like when I tried to run the recovery program, or would that happen if the battery is dead?

Old 08-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Thank you for your prompt reply.
No problem.

Quote:
But should I be concerned that the computer isn't recognising it like when I tried to run the recovery program, or would that happen if the battery is dead?
No. If the Zen will not power on, it cannot be recognized by the computer. Once you get your power issue worked out, then focus on any connectivity issues that may exist.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-11-2008, 03:32 PM

Hi.
I have similar problem to with my creative zen v 4gb.
Firstly I charged the battery with my Nokia mobile charger, so its full.
After that when connecting it with computer, lights are on, when not connected and switching on, lights are on for about 1 sec.
When connecting it with computer it installs drivers for Player Recovery Device Only,
and after it says I have successfully installed drivers for STMP3600.
And that was the last thing that went fine.
i can't choose anything else. and I can't install it as MTP, the same reasons as blankazos.

I've tried recovery and firmware update, from not just only creative.
Nothing detects it, except if i try to install muvo v200(?) firmware, it detects it(a device has been detected in recovery mode and it is being initialized), and then it says "unable to write firmware data".
After that i tried program to initialize firmware for chip(stmp3600), from Sigmatel, it also says the same error.
Also tried Sansa updater, it seems to recognize, and next moment I get this very same error message.

I got the muvo v200(?) firmware from here
http://files.creative.com/manualdn/D...LF_1_12_03.exe
and the idea of using it, here
http://www.mycreativefansite.com/200...ue-on-zen.html

Computer is up to date(xp pro/sp3), except I'm using wmp11(cause had some trouble with 10). Have tried with xp home/sp2/wmp10. same problem.

Is there any chance of forcing it to write, because somehow Sigmatel's programs seems to recognize it, if everything else fails.

Or is it tottally dead.

Or what should I do? What this error means, that its memory is broken?

PS. I have read/tried everything in this thread. Have been searching for solution for 12 hours in last 2 days.
If its dead, it's the first one which I'm unable to repair.

Hope you understand, and sorry for my english

Old 09-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello mina2t. Welcome. Try the attached drivers (for the STMP3600 from Sigmatel) and then try upgrading the firmware. If not, you could have a more serious issue like a bootloader failure. See here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Drivers - STMP3600.zip (51.6 KB, 154 views)

Zen FAQ

Old 09-12-2008, 08:07 AM

Thanks for quick reply.
Have tried it already and tried it again.
If I try to install it as portable media device, it will say "the system cannot find the file specified" at the end of adding new hardware.
If I install it as player recovery device, it will install fine, but it doesnt help.
In first case, nothing finds it, in second case, as said, Sansa and Sigmatel firmware finds it but says "unable to write firmware data".
Tried in 2 separate computers.

mhh. Now i cant install it at all. whatever I try it will say: "the system cannot find the file specified"

As I understand it might be just a brick and there's nothing I can do anymore.? :/

I also called local repairers, they just said, they are powerless with that, and recommended to contact creative support. But I doubt that it has any point, last time if recovery didn't work with zen nano plus, the wanted that i would send it in.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
If I try to install it as portable media device, it will say "the system cannot find the file specified" at the end of adding new hardware.
What happens if you manually select it by pointing to the file and selecting from the device list created by the file; the "have disk" option?

Quote:
As I understand it might be just a brick and there's nothing I can do anymore.? :/
Yes, it could very well be. I'm sorry.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-12-2008, 11:33 AM

Default cannot solve the problem

my laptop uses windows Vista home edition and ive followed every single step of your solution, but my zen v plus still does not show any sign that it is working. it won't even charge. my laptop recognize it as stmp3600, and im fed up with it. i didnt know that it has to be windows xp when i buy it. and now what do i do?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:41 AM

Tried it. Then it says also error at the end.
I wrote to creative support, but I'm not hoping much. Thank you anyway.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. It sounds like you may have a more serious issue with your Zen; maybe a new mainboard needed. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 09-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello wadawada. Welcome. I moved your post to this thread that may be able to help. Check out the last few posts in this thread that seem to be similar to the issue you are having. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 09-18-2008, 12:58 PM

Sadly I just got another similar zen v plus with almost same problem(and it's dead too, probably). But I don't wonder too much, they are pretty old for now and used 25/8 and not very softly.

Creative support recommended me to go to the recovery mode.

But doesn't motherboard cost the same as new/used player?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
But doesn't motherboard cost the same as new/used player?
Not sure.... I would check out EBay for some as-is listed players you could buy for parts.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-01-2008, 06:40 AM

hello everybody. i have the same proglem with mina2t. i was searching for 2 hours then i found this topic. i needed stmp3600 drivers too. it didnt work. sorry for my poor english (im still improving) i want to ask mina2t can u finally fix your zen? or are you gonna break it like i will do?
thank you everyone

Old 10-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello bboyseco. Welcome. If you cannot get the STMP3600 drivers to work enough to get a firmware reloaded, most likely there is a more serious issue like a bootloader failure, which would need a new mainboard to fix.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-02-2008, 04:35 AM

a new mainboard? i dont think we can find one in Turkey. is there anything we can do physically on the mainboard instead of finding a new one? i mean changing some components?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Not really. Nothing you would be able to change without the need of another mainboard (in that case just replace) and some good experience with working/soldering with SMT. Have you thought about looking for sources beyond Turkey? I'm not too familiar with how hard that would be for you.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-05-2008, 02:39 AM

Default Windows vista 32 bit system

I can get any of the drivers to regconize with windows vista home edition with a 32 bit system. Everthing seems to be for a 64 bit system can anyone help me? Also my comes up as unknown device.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You do not need any extra drivers (or any of the Creative software) other than the MTP driver built into Vista. Whether you are using 32-bit or 64-bit, the Zen V should work just fine in Vista. Where does it show as unknown device?

Zen FAQ