android
Old 04-02-2009, 07:56 PM

Not downloading until a mod can confirm this, especially with the conficker scare that's currently going around.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 PM

Just update your antivirus and you'll be fine.... if it doesn't warn you, the problem is with your antivirus, not with Conficker. That virus has been around since October. Anyone who isn't protected against it by now deserves to get it.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:31 AM

My compuer doesn't seem to have any viruses althought i don't have any antivirus software beside the microsoft's removal tool.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:36 AM

The file is perfectly safe: http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/6...e08da1f4cfd94b

Thanks for sharing the app, S3T. This might come in handy, seems to work perfectly fine. I hate nothing more than ID3 browsing.

Deserves a sticky.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:55 AM

Just some hints:
The app requires .NET 2.0 installed on your computer.
The app needs to reside in the root of your Clip to work.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The file is perfectly safe: http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/6...e08da1f4cfd94b

Thanks for sharing the app, S3T. This might come in handy, seems to work perfectly fine. I hate nothing more than ID3 browsing.

Deserves a sticky.
Thanks. Now if I had some ideas for a playlist

Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There also is a playlist creator available at the SanDisk Clip forum. I'm not sure how it compares.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...cending&page=1

Old 04-05-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfpacker View Post
@skinjob; Thank you so much for the first post, it was very well explained and thorough. I have found that not much works like it is supposed to with Windows 2000. NOTHING seems to work as far as playlists with W2k. ...

So when I say I think it is a Windows 2000 issue, I think it is because MM uses lots of things from Winamp and WMP10 for functionality. Is your system XP or above?

All that said, I will try your system next week and post again. I'm tired of looking at empty playlists. ...

I must still be missing something.
@rrfpacker: You may not be able to sync playlists if your Sansa USB mode is "MTP" or "Auto," but I don't think that Windows 2000 will matter if you use skinjob's method. Just be sure that the Sansa USB mode (on the device, under "Settings") is "MSC." Then you'll just use Windows Explorer (that is, "My Computer") to copy the playlist file you create on your computer over to the root directory on the Sansa. If you open the playlist file on your computer with Notepad, it should look like this format:

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:212,John Doe - My Song
MUSIC\John_Doe-My_Song.mp3
#EXTINF:159,Jane Smith - Her Song
MUSIC\Jane-Sings.mp3
In fact, not only does Windows 2000 not matter, but you could probably also use a Mac, or Linux, or Windows 98 SE, or anything else that supports USB. You're just using a playlist creator like WinAmp to create a text file, and then using a file browser or command line to move the text file over to the Sansa. But to use the file browser, the Sansa has to be in MSC mode.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:19 AM

Yes! This program helps, makes it so much easier to browse through music. Thank you for this simple program that does so much.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:20 PM

Here's something else to look at if you are having trouble getting this to work.
On my computer, my music is organized like this:

\music\artist\album\track# - artist - title.mp3

But when if I sync songs to my clip in Media Monkey, it goes in like this:

\music\artist\album\title.mp3

The track # and artist are removed from the file name on the clip. That messed with my playlists, since my playlists were looking for music files with track # and artist in the file name.

Here is a small playlist I made:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:174,Amos Lee - Dreamin'
Amos Lee\Amos Lee\Dreamin'.mp3
#EXTINF:214,Ben Harper - Burn to Shine
\Ben Harper\Burn to Shine\Burn to Shine.mp3
#EXTINF:220,Inxs - New Sensation
INXS\Kick\2 - New Sensation.mp3

The Amos Lee song plays and the Ben Harper song doesn't because I removed the leading "\" from in front of the Amos Lee line. The INXS song doesn't play for two reasons, one being the leading "\" and the other being that the song life includes "2 - " but my computer synced just new sensation.mp3.

Hope this all helps people who are still confused.

Cheers.

Eric

Old 05-09-2009, 07:07 PM

Thank you S3T! it's the easiest way yet to do playlists.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:50 AM

hey guys,
it looks like a nice little program but i couldnt get it work.i have net2.0 and did everything that has been said here.when i click the prog it give me two options.
1.remove playlists from the root directory only
2.remove all the playlists from the player.
no matter which i choose an error message pops up saying that sansa player not found and a sdk file must be present in the root directory and the directory should contain "sansa"in its name.
i am confused.probably there is somethnig stupid i do here hehe but if any of you can help it will be really appreciated.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:45 AM

Are you in MSC mode?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:04 PM

@dfkt
thank you.i ve solved no sansa found part but when i ever click the button i get only one "all.m3u" and no other m3u s..and when i search inside the clip the "all" in playlists folder is empty.i didnt get it.couldnt get m3us for all the files in music folder.i am still doing somethnig wrong

Old 05-19-2009, 06:13 PM

If you transferred your audio files to the Clip in MTP mode, get them off again and re-transfer them in MSC mode, then all should be fine. The Sansa MTP/MSC implementation is a gigantic hassle if you mix both (MSC mode doesn't see files transferred in MTP mode, and vice versa).

Old 05-19-2009, 06:26 PM

oohh i see.thank you sooo much dfkt.hope ur clip has a looong life

Old 05-19-2009, 06:30 PM

Haha, just got my second one because the first one died. (Never did get the same player twice before, that's how good the Clip is, IMO.)

Old 05-20-2009, 01:10 AM

Looks interesting

Old 05-20-2009, 03:50 AM

then i hope this one lives longi have mine for more than a month now but still using it with the earphones that came with it.so havent seen its full potential.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:14 AM

now it works just fine.thank you s3t and thank you dfkt for your help.

Closed Thread