android
Old 04-19-2008, 03:00 PM

Default 30GB Vision M loses menu function

Hi, folks. Newbie here. I searched in vain for several hours for a solution to my problem.

My Vision M does fine for the most part. No problems charging, transferring files, managing them, or having my computer recognize the device. When I plug the device into my car's radio or into the computer via USB, however, I lose the menu function. The screen goes blank/black and all I can do is power the unit on or off, and the only music I can play is essentially randomly by touching the upper left button on the control panel. When I disconnect all cords from the unit, the menu screen reappears as it should and I have full, normal control of the unit.

I don't know whether or not it makes a difference, but I plug the device into the factory-equipped port on a 2007 Hyundai via a generic patch cable purchased at Wal-Mart.

This situation occurs regardless of battery state. Full charge, half, or almost gone. It's always the same sequence of event.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-19-2008, 06:45 PM

Need to go into your video settings and turn off Video out. I assume it doesn't do it when you connect via the headphone plug.

Mines out in the truck or I'd get the exact menu items but you'll see it from the main menu.

It's very common and I think there is/was a sticky on it.

Closed Thread