android
Old 04-20-2008, 09:31 PM

Default Zen listed twice in my Windows Explorer?

Hi All, Quick question...I'm wondering why my Zen is listed twice when I brose my filesystem in windows explorer. First one says "My Zen" and second one with the same zen Icon says "Zen Vision:M Series Media Explorer". Is this by design, or did I install two different drivers or something? I'd like to get rid of the "MY Zen" one. Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It is like this by design and choice. It is just a setting that can be defined by the user. The one listed "My Zen" is your actual ZVM when you have it connected and the MTP driver loaded for it (shows you more of a physical structure of the device). The second is the Creative Media Explorer that integrates into the Windows Explorer shell which is seen even when the Zen isn't physically connected (shows you more of a categorized structure defined by the software).

You can set to have the one listed as My Zen removed from being seen when connected. I don't have a VZM (I have the newer Zen), but I believe the software is pretty much the same. You can access the settings somewhere like this:

1. Open Zen Media Explorer.
2. Select “Settings and Information”.
3. Select the “Tools” tab.
4. De-select the box to enable "Show my player as PMD in My Computer".
5. Open My Computer and you should no longer see the My Zen when connected.

Zen FAQ