android
Old 04-23-2008, 06:29 AM

Default Year (tags) problem + some questions

I got this player recently so I do not know all the quirks yet.

I drag and drop the files on the player with my own directory structure (inside the MUSIC folder of course). I used mp3tag for the tags + album art (embedded). It works so far, I can see the album covers on the player. But not the year. I am wondering if the player needs the tags in a very specific format (like in a specific tag ID version or character set?).

I have never used Windows Media Player 11 before to transfer files. I suppose I can use it to transfer some files on the player but I definitely will do my own drag n drops every now and then. If I transfer my own files outside WMP, will it ruin all the tags/info that WMP has done on the previous tracks?

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-23-2008, 09:54 AM

My experience has been that if you load files via the drag-and-drop method the year information will not appear. I can't say for sure why the information doesn't appear if you use the drag and drop method, but the year information will appear if you use the following programs to load your music:

- MediaMonkey (the program I use)
- Windows Media Player 11
- Media Manager for Windows.

I did a quick test (transferred one song) with my own player. It appears that using drag-and-drop to load some songs won't affect the information on the other songs on your player.

I hope that helps.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:51 PM

Thank you very much. I will try out MediaMonkey.

Can you also make compatible playlists with MM for this player?

Old 04-24-2008, 02:32 AM

I have the A816 player and MediaMonkey does make playlists compatible with the player. One note about MediaMonkey: The free version of the program will only make manual playlists. You will have to upgrade to the Gold version to unlock the full version of the program, including the ability to make automatic playlists (playlists that are automatically generated via specific criteria, like the Smart Playlists in iTunes, or the Auto Playlists in Windows Media Player).