android
Old 04-24-2008, 11:57 PM

Unhappy problems with vision:M wont stay docked

So I have a issue with my vision m Ive been using it for about a year now no problems till today. I went to dock it to get some new music on it that I bought and it only stayed docked for about a minute before it switches back to the main menu on the player and my comp can't see it any more. I'm ruining xp home sp2 and wmp 11 when i go into the device manager it says it fails to start action code 10. I tried uninstaling and reinstalling the drivers and it did the same thing docked for about a minute then it gave me the same error action code ten I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling all my usb controllers still to no avail can any one help me?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, it's an MTP driver issue. One of these steps should take care of it (see if it resolves the issue after each step):

1. Uninstall any Creative software installed.
2. Reinstall WMP11.
3. Uninstall WMP11 and revert back to the previous version installed (hopefully WMP10).
4. Reinstall WMP10.
5. Install WMP11.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-25-2008, 10:23 AM

Default still no luck

I tried uninstalling all the creative software from my comp went back to wmp 9 then back to 11 and it did the same thing again docked for about a minute then in my device manager said it wasn't working action code ten again. I took it to another comp and it worked fine I'm at a loss

Old 04-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You skipped over number 4. You should have tried WMP10 before upgrading back to WMP11. The Creative software has been known to conflict with WMP11.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-25-2008, 10:43 AM

ok so did it again this time making sure to reinstall wmp 10 and got the same error

Old 04-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Do you still have WMP10 installed? If so, try each of these to get the driver to load correctly:

To force the Zen to use the MTP driver when connected and asked for drivers:

1. With the Zen connected, uninstall the Zen listing within Device Manager.

2. Using Windows Explorer, navigate into your windows/inf folder and "Copy" (not Cut) the wpdmtp.inf to your desktop.

3. Now connect your device and when it detects it as a new device, don't "automatically install driver. Select " click to specify the location..." and choose not to search for the driver. Click the option to specify what driver you want to use. Click next.

4. The next window should ask you what driver to use and the top of the list should say "show all devices." Click next.

5. The next window select "have disk" and point the path of the driver to the desktop where you put wpdmtp.inf and select OK.

It should then force the MTP driver to load for that device. You have now reinstalled all USB and USB host controller drivers and forced the Zen to use the correct MTP driver it is supposed to use. Again, try to see if your problem still exists.

To change the driver or install the driver in case of error (when it doesn't prompt for drivers):

1. In Device Manager, double left click on the Creative Zen listing under Portable Devices.
2. Select the Driver Tab and then select the Update Driver box.
3. Select the "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
4. Select MTP Device within the Model box and select the Next button.
5. Windows will then install the MTP driver for the Zen.
6. Select Close on the next two screens and Device Manager should show the Zen under Portable Devices as Creative Zen with no errors.

If you can't install the driver when it is first detected or update it in device manager without an error code, try it this way:

1. With the Zen connected, right clicking on the driver when it shows in Device Manager and select Uninstall.
2. Then try and add the Zen as a MTP device using Add New Hardware Wizard in Control Manager.
3. Manually select the MTP Device and it will load the MTP driver for the Zen.
4. If you ever get prompted with anything saying that the device may not work properly or the driver isn't for that device, go through with it anyway.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-25-2008, 03:45 PM

I solved it thanks for the help the problem seemed to be the driver I was using so I could use a ps3 controller on my pc I found it in my event viewer the start up and docking was timing out because of the LibUSB-Win32 driver used by the controller after uninstalling the controller driver it docks fine I wonder why?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Great! Good to hear. Thanks for replying back and letting everyone know what the cause was.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-12-2008, 07:02 PM

how exactly did you uninstall the sixaxis driver? i'm thinking this may be the problem for me because my zen only docks for about a minute and i've installed the sixaxis controller thing awhile back.. but i used the controller in all of the drivers when i was first using it.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello Mals. Welcome.

I believe you first need to stop and disable the LibUsb-Win32 Service:

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

Then you need to delete 2 files:

C:\Windows\System32 and delete libusb0.dll and libusbd-nt.exe.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-12-2008, 10:38 PM

good god this really worked, it's not falling out.

putting on albums like mad now, thanks

Old 07-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Enjoy!

Zen FAQ