android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e200 > Sansa e200 Hacks & Mods

Old 05-10-2009, 02:51 PM

If you have/had problems in both then it's not rockbox.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoguy View Post
Hmm, This is all fine, and everything, but my wheel is still stiff, it doesn't click anymore, but it also is about as stiff as it was before!

Could I put some petroleum jelly in there?

I'd like a suggestion if possible.
Thanks!
alright, i know why this happened. it's because of one of two reasons. when you clicked the button back in, one of the sides didn't click in all the way. OR, the parts are slightly out of alignment. i'd suggest just taking the whole thing back off and putting it back again, making sure you did it all perfectly this time. it's easy to screw it up. took me a while to figure it out.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:36 AM

I tried to do this, and not only did I not find any metal string (I can only assume my friend that had this Sansa before me already did this, and I misconstrued how loud the wheel should be), but after putting it back together, I can't turn it back on . The computer will connect to it just fine, but the power button just kinda ceased functioning. Did I **** something up in the motherboard or something?

Old 06-26-2009, 03:51 PM

This did not work for me. It made the wheel very hard to spin and grindy. But that is not my real problem. After I did this I couldn't get the center button back in. I had to reassemble it without the center button, I press as hard as I can, and eventually it seems to click in, but it just pops back out when I'm re-assembling, I think I just can't get it in all the way. Could someone help me with this, did anyone else have these problems. I have a V1.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:34 AM

Some higher quality pics for you!

http://koti.mbnet.fi/jshyy/kuvat/san...90_resized.jpg
In this picture you can see the ALPS gear, it snaps on and off with the little legs.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/jshyy/kuvat/san...91_resized.jpg
The spring is seen over here, it really is TINY. So... be careful not to lose it

Old 08-01-2009, 04:57 PM

Well I've removed the spring and it's... somewhere. Anyway, the wheel feels like it has a lot of resistance so I have to press harder onto the wheel.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:55 PM

That shouldn't have happened, I think you misaligned something. I'd suggest you try it again.

Last edited by carpenter940; 08-01-2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 AM

Hey I just had a great idea for those who think they may want to revert to the standard scroll wheel; use a piece of cello-tape to tape the spring to the battery or somewhere similar. That way, you have it if you want to replace it.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:06 PM

THANK YOU! My wheel was sticking a lot and it would only scroll through the list after several revolutions. I tried taking the wheel off and cleaning it but that didn't seem to fix the problem. After reading this post and removing the little metal piece under the gear, it works fine again. You just saved my little Sansa.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:09 PM

Default Scroll Wheel problem

You just saved me with this post!! Zillions of thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himdo View Post
For those that have the problem with the scroll wheel freaking out or causing the menus to jump around so you can't navigate this might help while removing the spring described at the opening of this thread. On the picture from Matze169's reply, part #1 has 3 small spring arms on it that if you carefully bend them downward so that they put more pressure on the contacts under them it will stiffen the scrollwheel up a little and make it more precise. This helped save my sansa from the hammer treatment.

Tags
e200, sansa, smooth, wheel