android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa View

Old 01-11-2013, 05:50 PM

Unhappy UK - Sandisk won't turn on or charge, different to other threads

Hi

I can't find anyone with exactly the same issue as me on here so I thought I'd better ask. Before I start, I should say I have absolutely no experience with coding or formating or those types of things and will need stuff explained to me as if I'm a fairly intelligent but technologically impaired amoeba.

I bought a 2nd hand Sandisk Sansa View 16GB today - this was from a fairly well known UK nationwide store called CEX. At the time the lady in the shop showed me its menu. She couldn't find the original charger but found one that she said worked for it, and she tested it and said it did. This player comes with a warranty so it's fair to say she could be trusted a fair bit on that.

I brought the player home, plugged it into the computer and it wasn't recognised. On removing it from the computer, it froze and I read up on how to reset by holding the power button forward for 10 seconds. That brought up the Sandisk logo and then an icon of a battery which showed as just over a third full but red.

Since then, if I try and power on, it does the same as above. If I hold the power button for a couple of minutes, the blue ring goes less bright but no logo comes up. If I hold it for longer, it repeats the logo process.

As the player only came with the USB cable, without a plug, I used an ipod charger plug to stick it on charge without having to connect it to a computer. I know it's not the laptop as I have tested it in our PC and it didn't recognise it either.

I was wondering if there was a simple solution to this or shall I just take it back tomorrow (if they'll take it back now it's not working)? I think I know the answer to that but this was a cheapy present for my blind husband who's iphone has just broken and who is lost without a music player. He was quite chuffed that I bought it and now it's just peeing us both off.

Thanks

Kathy

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-11-2013, 05:53 PM

Oh I forgot to say - I read online about the tool to unbrick it (is that the right term?) but I don't know if that's applicable when this has never worked on this computer before and I don't therefore have anything from it lost within the realms of the computer. To be honest I'm not sure I'd be able to do it anyway.