android
Old 04-28-2008, 12:22 PM

Default Newbie "Probably" dumb question

Hello,
...been reading your site to answer some questions I have with my Pilot. Alot of my questions, so far, have been answered but two. 1) Does Rhapsody such ass as much and I think or am I crazy? I am using windows 2000 (so I cant register) and if I upgrade the software, I cant get to the pilot and if I go the the "add device" screen.... (...speaking of ass) and 2) When I do a file tranfer, about 75% of the files copy twice. I also put all the cover.jpg's in one folder and linked the mp3's to the folder jpg, and some songs "see it" and some dont? I tried embeding them and still no go. I am using Winamp for transferring. Any help is greatly appreciated (and please be kind to newbie!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-30-2008, 12:39 AM

No, if you are using Windows XP and Rhapsody "To Go" subscription, there is not much "such ass" to Rhapsody.

I think you should concentrate on upgrading your machine or getting access to a more recent OS, so you can have a better experience with your player. You will get some functionality even with Windows 98 (as long as you download the drivers) but the experience will be better with a more modern system. Rhapsody isn't even a must, but it makes things like album art and media files much easier (as you have guessed, no doubt).

I don't know if there is anyone to help you with a Windows 2000 system and the later versions of Rhapsody. If I had access to one, I would try, but...

Old 08-20-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalq View Post
No, if you are using Windows XP and Rhapsody "To Go" subscription, there is not much "such ass" to Rhapsody.

I think you should concentrate on upgrading your machine or getting access to a more recent OS, so you can have a better experience with your player. You will get some functionality even with Windows 98 (as long as you download the drivers) but the experience will be better with a more modern system. Rhapsody isn't even a must, but it makes things like album art and media files much easier (as you have guessed, no doubt).

I don't know if there is anyone to help you with a Windows 2000 system and the later versions of Rhapsody. If I had access to one, I would try, but...
Didn't Windows 2000 come out right after the abacus?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchchowder View Post
Didn't Windows 2000 come out right after the abacus?
Not that anyone cares, but I think Windows 2000 may have been the peak of Microsoft operating systems. Beyond lies bloat.

To the point, an upgraded OS is probably the only road to a better experience with Rhapsody

Old 08-24-2008, 03:07 PM

Windows 2000 is the best so far compared to all "newer OS's". Besides NT, 2000 is the "most stable" to date. Yea, its old and kind of clunky, but it is better than XP or (jezz) Vista anyday. Interesting how all new computers are going the XP route compared to Vista. Hmmm...... New isnt always the best way to go. Sometimes you have to go "old school" and bare it.

As of asking this question, speaking of anybody cares, I switched to Real Player and I am getting better results. Not to say I am "fat dumb and happy", just happy. Winamp & Media Player 11 are out for me. I got all the cover art's finally integrated and all happy.

(...all I need now to do is to get it to work in my car without buying a new head unit.... BUT thats another post....)

See ya!