android
Old 04-28-2008, 06:19 PM

Default FREE 512MB with 8 GB Fuze purchase

I just got mine in today. Haven't had the chance to see what is on it yet. Comes in a nice envelope stating "your free gift is here!"

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-28-2008, 08:16 PM

We received 2 last Friday. It appears there are 55 songs on them, but I too have not had a chance to listen.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:01 PM

I received my 2 on Saturday. I also didn't listen to the songs yet. I think that they're all indie artists, so that means they'll be junk.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:40 PM

indie junk? haha. Turns out 95% of my music is indie and I have about 15,000 songs, but anyway.

There was very little I had heard of and about 10% of it fit my taste. What's funny is to bring them into iTunes to see that half of the songs were encoded by iTunes at various bitrates but what is really funny is that they got run through windows media player (probably by the sansa folks) which took the iTunes normalization numbers and transferred them to the comments and messed up other parts of the tags. I super-hate windows media player and it is now funny to see it isn't just me that has stuff screwed-up by it.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylicht View Post
What's funny is to bring them into iTunes to see that half of the songs were encoded by iTunes at various bitrates but what is really funny is that they got run through windows media player (probably by the sansa folks) which took the iTunes normalization numbers and transferred them to the comments and messed up other parts of the tags. I super-hate windows media player and it is now funny to see it isn't just me that has stuff screwed-up by it.
iTunes is also well known for screwing up tags. Hard to say which one is more heinous. Both should be avoided if at all possible.

Winamp, foobar, MediaMonkey and others are much better.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:44 PM

Description of Sansa Sessions
(From my own observations.)

Basic Info
: Free by mail when you buy an 8gb Sansa Fuze
512mb MicroSD card with 412mb full

Music
: 55 songs (MP3) from "emerging and indie artists"
with album art
with various bitrates up to 320kbps

Photos: 7 images (BMP) of various (music) artists

Videos: 4 videos - 3 concerts and 1 music video
(I believe) no conversion necessary to play on Fuze

*Hope this helps on deciding whether to get the 8gb Fuze with Sansa Sessions or the 4gb model which comes in different colors. Here's the link to Sansasessions.com

Old 05-10-2008, 09:16 PM

This music deal is very original, even if a 512MB microSD card isn't exactly that capacious. This is cool, though, because it's free music delivered in a creative way; besides, I'm planning on getting an 8GB microSDHC for my Fuze (which I just got today!!!) sometime not too long from now.