android
Old 04-29-2008, 12:31 PM

Default Zen V Plus won't scroll

I found this site with GOOGLE and I have searched but cannot find anyone with my problem. I won a Zen V Plus on ebay from Creative three months ago and I just received my third replacement unit and still same problem. It is a refurbished unit so I cannot get my money back. Also I have never had a mp3 player before so maybe I'm just stupid. The problem is after charging and turning on it will not scroll thru the menu. It plays fine and sounds great using the song they put in at creative and I can upload my music but it just plays the songs in order cannot pick songs because it won't scroll. When I go to the menu I cannot move down the list. I have tryed everything restore, firmware update (It came with the new firmware but I redid it anyway). Even if I push the play and turn on in the format, cleanup mode it will not scroll down the list it won't even let me pick yes or no so that wouldn't help anyway. I have made it very clear to Creative what it is doing but it seems like they just keep sending me the same one or I just don't have a clue how to use it. If anybody has any idea what might be wrong please help otherwise I will just have to cut my loses and throw it away. BTW the joystick buttons feel fine.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-10-2008, 01:34 PM

after the screen has gone dark, does it light up when u move the joystick?

Old 05-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I believe the joystick is mounted to the mainboard. So it is possible a new mainboard would be needed if the joystick can't be replaced. You can try taking the lower part of the case off to take a look and see if there any visual indications of the joystick being bad/loose. Here are a couple of videos of the disassembly here and here. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 05-20-2008, 12:22 PM

I'm sorry I have not replied sooner but I had given up. I even removed the software. I just thought I would check the thread today and I'm glad I did. Yes drusstw it would come back on when I moved the joystick it just would not move up and down the menu. Thanks to the videos I was able to pop it open and after cleaning and working the joystick it now works fine. The joystick is soldered to the main board and sealed so you can't see the contacts but I just sprayed contact cleaner and some does get in there. Now I will reinstall the software and install some tunes. The radio works fine so I thinks everything is going to be fine. Thanks again drusstw and BobbyRS for you help.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem! Good to hear it is working for you now. Thanks for the follow-up post!

Zen FAQ