android
Old 12-07-2009, 01:14 PM

Default help with finding latest firmware.

hi there.

could someone help me locate an upgrade of firmware for a 5GB H10 please? i currently have the 2.51 version so i'm after version 2.53.

i did have the latest up until yesterday when i tried to download rockbox. all that did was to delete all my system files.

i've googled for it but the only ones i have found have been trial downloads only. oh yeah, plenty for a UMS player, i'm presuming my player is MTP.

thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 PM

found it! i went thru' quite a few google pages and finally found a download that was the correct one, and free too.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:26 AM

before i got hold of the latest firmware i had noticed that the music playback on the H10 had changed.
if i went to the custom eq and moved up or down a notch on the eq bars, it would be like opening a door. the music would suddenly become louder and more bassy. the trouble was that this effect never lasted. it would gradually return to the way it was in no time at all.

i thought this newer firmware would fix it, but it didn't. on top of that, the sound of cymbals now have a swirling effect.

so now the player is completely useless to me! before i tried to install rockbox it had a great sound and i loved to listen to it, however now it is crap. just as well it didn't cost a lot of money. now this could all just be a coincidence of course?

me as homer simpson, shaking fist at the sky: "damn you rockbox!"

Last edited by hokeypokey; 12-09-2009 at 09:01 AM.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeypokey View Post
found it! i went thru' quite a few google pages and finally found a download that was the correct one, and free too.
How about telling the rest of us which firmware you found and, especially, where you found it?

Old 02-26-2010, 05:19 AM

This site will have what you are looking for

http://rasher.dk/rockbox/iriver-firmwares/

They are the original firmware which you can use as is or use the patcher at Rockbox to change the firmware so rockbox will boot

Old 02-27-2010, 02:59 AM

Default Which of those firmwares is for the H10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieg View Post
This site will have what you are looking for

http://rasher.dk/rockbox/iriver-firmwares/

They are the original firmware which you can use as is or use the patcher at Rockbox to change the firmware so rockbox will boot
There's no firmware there with a name that implies its for the H10. Does the H300 firmware work on the H10?

Also, I may be getting iRiver confused with Samsung, but will the Korean firmware change my H10 with MTP firmware to an MSC/UMS device? If it won't, what will?