android
Old 05-01-2008, 04:40 PM

Default Problem with Bluetooth button

I got a A829 a couple weeks ago, and I use it almost exclusively in my car with bluetooth. It seems like the bluetooth quick connect button is very easily activated because it will disconnect from bluetooth frequently when playing, and when the player is off, it will turn the player on. The only solution I have is to turn on the hold switch which works fine, but is really annoying. The button will activate sometimes without even touching the player. It seems like this problem occurs once per hour of usage unless I use the hold function. Any one else experiencing anything like this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-02-2008, 09:06 AM

Sounds to me like a defective BT switch. I use the A829 bluetooth connection frequently and haven't had any problem like that.

The only thing that bugs me about the BT operation is that anytime I use an AVRCP function on a headset it activates the player's screen as if a physical button was pushed on the player itself. One would think this could be corrected via firmware and improve BT battery life.

Woof

Old 05-02-2008, 11:21 AM

I called Sony tech support and they are having me send it in for repair. I hope they are able to see the problem because it only happens intermittently. Unfortunately it will still take at least two weeks before it gets back to me.