android
Old 05-02-2008, 07:07 AM

Help ACC tags and 3.03 Firmware

I have the latest Korean 3.03 UMS installed after modding from MTP 1.29

It appears that while the T10 will play and recognise the individual songs & titles .. but that the Artist & Album tags nor Album art are not recognised by the Menu or Play screen on non DRM m4a (ie aac) music files

It appears that all OGG tags are recognised when placed in the Music folder - Hooray!

Are the acc tag limitations the same for others with the other EU US & KR firmwares??

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-02-2008, 07:49 AM

I've got another question concerning the acc files. How do you make acc files out of a cd? I tried it with nero, but with nero you can only make .mp4 files which i cannot play with the t10.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:38 AM

Thumb Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxcure View Post
How do you make acc files out of a cd? I tried it with nero, but with nero you can only make .mp4 files which i cannot play with the t10.
I personally used iTunes to rip mine

While I'm not 100% sure .. but I think the AAC while a form of .mp4 is actually an Apple proprietary form of the standard

I may be wrong .. maybe try changing the extension from .mp4 to .m4a

Failing that maybe try iTunes

at least until the current version of SMS catches up with the capability of the 3.03 firmware heh!

Old 05-02-2008, 05:24 PM

AAC is not an Apple developed or proprietary format, although most may think that because thats what they use to distribute their songs on iTunes. The format was actually [and jointly] developed by Fraunhofer IIS, AT&T Bell Laboratories, Sony, Dolby and Nokia. Its made to be a successor to MP3.

I personally use Easy CD-DA Extractor. It converts to a variety of formats including AAC.

Anyways, It seems the tag info I copied...not all made over to the AAC files(like album art).
I'm using both Mp3Tag and TagScanner(which seems to be better at tagging AAC than Mp3Tag).
I'm going to fool around with it some more.