android
Old 05-09-2008, 12:15 PM

Default Navigation question

HI. Just pulled the trigger yesterday on a new Fuze 8 gb (w/4gb microSD card in the slot).

First impressions? Wow, that's one small unit. (I am transitioning from a Dell DJ dinosaur, which feels like a brick in comparison). Hope this thing doesn't fall out of the hole in my pants. Great machine thus far and the ease of loading, sound quaility, etc., is what I expected.

I do have one gripe: In fixing my music tags and porting them over to the new machine, I find that I am "forced" to assign album names to each track (track name, Artist name, Album name, Genre, etc.) I can see the usefullness in this sometimes when you want to hear a specific album (or know what tracks are contained on it.

However, when you scroll down thru music/artist/ you then have to select a song based on it's album tag - you CANNOT simply view "artist" and then display a list of all tracks for that artist. As most folks know, some artists can have 5 albums and some can have 20 or 30 albums.

I'd really like to know if there's a way to simply "view tracks" for each Artist. Same thing when you select "genre." It would be nice if there was a way to view just the tracks in those main directories w/out having to go through 30 albums to find a song.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-09-2008, 05:42 PM

I don't think that there's much you can do. The only thing that I can think of is selecting "play all" under the artist you want to play, but this doesn't do much help if there's many songs for that artist.

A simple firmware update could fix your problems.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Guy View Post
I don't think that there's much you can do. The only thing that I can think of is selecting "play all" under the artist you want to play, but this doesn't do much help if there's many songs for that artist.

A simple firmware update could fix your problems.
I uploaded the latest firmware from their website before I started porting my music. Looks like this is one of those product-preference kind of things. Might have to label "albums" within specific groups as "best of" or some other generic term if I want to be able to view tracks.

Wow. I'm disappointed. Thx for the reply. Any other thoughts?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:17 AM

I have another idea. Make playlists named after the artist that include all of the songs. This might be the best way, but making a playlist for each artist will take a long time.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Guy View Post
I have another idea. Make playlists named after the artist that include all of the songs. This might be the best way, but making a playlist for each artist will take a long time.
I have sort of solved the issue by labeling the album tags for Artists w/10 songs or less with a generic name. (like "so-and-so's mixed cuts.") If there's more than 10 songs, I label them in their respective "albums." A minor pain I suppose.

I have 1579 songs and I probably know which album each belongs to anyway - whether it's labeled as such or not. (I am a catalogue of such trivial information, but just ask me where my car keys are..... ). WIsh for the future - It'd just be nice to simply select an artist and go down the list of songs alphabetically.

Thankfully I bought a 4gb micro card for my new 8gb Fuze - I filled that internal drive right up and have now started into the micro card.

Now I'm off on a biz trip for a few days so I get to "road test" the thing. (Still can't get used to the small size!)