android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2008, 09:21 PM

Default needed: nwz-616F music files transfer walkthrough

i bought mine last march 2008 and its a japanese version. since then i cannot transfer music files. i tried everything i've know, like installing sonicstage, sony media manager, windows media player 11, media monkey and drag & drop. but all doesn't work. can someone walk through me on how to transfer files?

here's what i did:

1. i installed sony media manager ( i used the english software instead of the japanese software). i can transfer photos but not music. on the below left pane of the manager, the music folder doesn't show only the photos and video folders, so i got error everytime i drag & drop the data from the above pane to the below pane. if ripping from cds, it will start but end up with an error. i uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing happen.

2. when i drag & drop using window explorer, i can transfer files in the music folder but when i check the player after unplugging from the pc, i cannot see nor play the files i've transferred. i've read somewhere that only my player usb should the solely and currently connected with the pc, i did that but still it didn't work

3. i also followed the instructions on how to use windows media player 11 by using the "Help" options but to no avail

4. i did not reformat my player before transferring, do i have to?

5. check to other pc, the same result.

i hope somebody can help me. right now i can just used the radio but its an expensive device if i could only use the radio. btw, my platform is window xp sp2

please help me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]