android
Old 05-17-2008, 04:36 AM

Default Line-In Recording on the A3?

Just got my A3 yesterday and I admit it's a steak dinner compared to the Creative Zen Vision:M I was using.

One of the selling points for me is the ability to record line in video. However I'm having some problems with that.

The Cowon website is no help at all, and it seems like I'm just not doing something right.

I have confirmed the AV cable is good by using the line out to send video/audio to my TV.

I take the same cable, with the Red and White Audio L/R, and Yellow video plugged directly into the front of my TV, and put the 3.5mm plug into the AV In jack of the A3, but when I navigate to record mode, I just get a black screen. (I made sure the switch is set to LCD and not AV Out)

Has anyone had any success with recording, or does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I am a bit of a newb with these devices.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-17-2008, 07:59 AM

Cool

Should work ... Check that the TV connections are for Output. They are usually for Input at the front of the TV.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:55 AM

dude i think the point at which u are connecting are input points so turn your tv and try to search for the output port

Old 05-17-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendy View Post
Should work ... Check that the TV connections are for Output. They are usually for Input at the front of the TV.
Hey thanks, I feel silly now. The TV I was trying to use only has inputs in the front, nothing in the back. Used the output on the cable box in the living room instead. Works like gangbusters.

Thanks!

Old 11-25-2008, 02:19 PM

Help Line-in rec level monitor

Just got my A3, the main reason i chose this model is for the FLAC recording feature. Gonna go "Office Space" on my old jb3 if i can ever get all of my recordings to fully transfer.

So my question: Does anyone know if there is a way to monitor levels while recording on the A3? Is it possibly in the the new Firmware?

Old 11-25-2008, 03:52 PM

No