android
Old 05-20-2008, 11:04 AM

Default Why so unpopular ?

Hi,

My sister's considering buying an apple ipod nano, and I strongly disagree. Immediately, a lot of alternatives popped into my head, sucgh as the sansa clip or fuze and the cowon D2. However, she really likes sony and pointed in the direction of the sony nwz-a818. I was impressed by the review on this site and also on other mp3 reviewing sites. I told her sony products aren't cheap, but she's willing to pay more as long as she gets a sony product. So why exactely does there seem to be such bigger "hype" on this sound around players like the fuze, clip or D2 while the review is that positive about this A818 ? Are they so much better players than the A818 ? Will she hate me forever if I don't give her the advice to screw sony anyway and really, really get a clip or a D2 ?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-20-2008, 11:09 AM

I guess you nailed it: they're not so popular cause they're expensive. They sure are good players with good sound and build quality - but you pay for that (and the Sony name, of course).

Old 05-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sony is worth the extra cash as their players really do sound better than most out there. I guess most of us are just partial to the D2 and love the sq and features so much that AFAIC nothing else compares. This is just my opinion so maybe I really should have said "me" instead of "us".

Old 05-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The 4 gig Sony A816 in black is $100 on the B&H Photo website. That is not so expensive.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
The 4 gig Sony A816 in black is $100 on the B&H Photo website. That is not so expensive.
If its a player your interested in then jump on it. As for the price I think this model has been out over a year so that probably brought the price down. Thats 1 of the good things about most sony products (though I wanted 1 of their players a few yrs back and since they stopped making it the price shot UP).

Old 05-22-2008, 08:56 AM

How old is she around 7 years, she maybe like sansa shake or Zen stone Samsung T10 is also good and cheap, If you buy an expensive player she maybe will regret and throw her barbie dolls on you!!!By the way i bought a Walkman phone a year ago, The phone was a 100 dollar phone, but it was not a cheap mobile..... It was expensive crap!

Last edited by thekey; 05-22-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sony players are easy to use for almost any age child + they have the volume limit that you can use to keep young AND old from destroying their hearing. Great little feature actually. Plus, from the sound of it, controllerboy's sister DOESN'T sound like a 7yr old.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekey View Post
How old is she around 7 years
I dont know were you get that from.

sony players are reliable, have excelent SQ, great battery life, great build quality but expensive, although worth it.

They may be unpopular due to the price and poor marketing

I dont see them as very expensive, you can get the S618F for $160, $30 more than a sansa fuze.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:36 PM

I guessed, Okey!!! Then if she is way higher than that, i dont "care!

Old 05-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekey View Post
I guessed, Okey!!! Then if she is way higher than that, i dont "care!
You've said that your young in a prior post - just how young ARE you? Seems to be you're behaving like a child.

Last edited by The DarkSide; 05-31-2008 at 02:07 AM.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:04 AM

Yes, i am 13years.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:18 AM

Come on here stuff like that not needed, I think that thekey was just in a wrong way pronouncing what he meant, it's not always so easy to say what you think when you don't know a language very well. Anyways, she didn't buy it because most second hand (I reccomended her to get it there, spare money is always nice) offers in this region for the moment are currently gone, I'm sure there will come some more soon.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I didn't mean to be harsh myself but as the time is progressing here I've come to notice that more and more posts are getting very personal. I made the mistake before and I've apologized. I would hope all here would be big enough to do so themselves. And from what I can tell thekey is a very smart kid, he's trying very hard to do the right thing here, and I think we all expect better of him. Now, off topic - when is thekey giving us his NEXT review ?

Old 05-25-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
I didn't mean to be harsh myself but as the time is progressing here I've come to notice that more and more posts are getting very personal. I made the mistake before and I've apologized. I would hope all here would be big enough to do so themselves. And from what I can tell thekey is a very smart kid, he's trying very hard to do the right thing here, and I think we all expect better of him. Now, off topic - when is thekey giving us his NEXT review ?
Thanks. Soon before the 30 of May. I am working with it. The E200 review will be a little longer..... And better! You know, i'm working hard to fix the english and the swedish at the same time....
BTW, Is someone here younger than me?