Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Unhappy firmware gone M30, PC not USB properly anymore

Having owned the Ipod, Sansa, Toshiba gigabeat to an incredible waste of time save hostility towards "your own label". If you make your own .mp3s, you know what I'm talking about. Gone are the days of anonymous drag-and-drop like the keychain style. Hello hours of ID3 tag editing.

The M30 Rocks! It hungrily accepted all of my CD collection, with ID3 work nearly full (5600 files), until---

NO connection permitted, at least not to the brain of the unit...still charging alright, but the USB driver does not recognise/think there is a problem, like the cable has like one conductor cut, the most important one. NO more congratulatory chimes on connection. nada.

nuh-uh...the replacement cable (just happened to have one on board) did exactly the same.

gorf...I've wasted going on two days on this, had to track down the original install disk, deleted, then reinstalled all of the software, and...ta-da no solution.

Some genious who had a similar problem recommended I install new firmware. Trying...still trying, but the PC will not recogise the device enough to install any "firmware" which is by definition burned into the device (is it not?) I thought. No firmware=no tunes means I can't even use it for a doorstop.

Is this a Windows XP sp2 problem? I would like to absolve the M30.

please help, this thing is starting to hurt my feelings, just when we were starting to fall in love.

Last edited by toastmaster65; 05-21-2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: I can't be alone on this.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]