android
Old 10-07-2006, 01:05 AM

Default video ability of zen v plus

What can you do with the video capability of the Zen V plus? What's the format? Does the player come with software that will let you transfer, let's say, an MPEG file into whatever file the plus uses for video playback?

What's available in downloadable video, both pay and free, for the Zen V plus in specific and also for Creative players such as the Zen Vision M or Vision W? I'm especially interested in content such as the ABC news broadcasts which are available free from Itunes but, of course, in a format usable by the V plus and other Creative players.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-09-2006, 12:54 PM

Hi,

I chop up AVI movies in 500MB big parts with MovieSplitter and then convert them into DIB with the Creative software that came with the player and load them up to the Zen V Plus. Works fine and easy for me. I watch series that I split up in two time equal parts of about half an hour. Watch them when I am in the train to work.

The need a LOT of memory space, so if you plan watching longer videos buy the 4 or 8 GB (when available) version.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:53 AM

any 8GB that doesn't come in black?

Old 01-05-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzeman View Post
Hi,

I chop up AVI movies in 500MB big parts with MovieSplitter and then convert them into DIB with the Creative software that came with the player and load them up to the Zen V Plus. Works fine and easy for me. I watch series that I split up in two time equal parts of about half an hour. Watch them when I am in the train to work.

The need a LOT of memory space, so if you plan watching longer videos buy the 4 or 8 GB (when available) version.
After converting.. how much is the space occupied by the videos? 1 minute video takes how much space? (I'm thinking in video clips)

Old 01-06-2007, 01:42 PM

I think the settings for video on the V (Plus) are:
Resolution: 128x96
AVI Video Codec: DIB (RAW RGB)
FPS: 15
Audio Codec: DVI ADPCM
Audio Sampling: 22khz
Audio BitRate: 176Kbps (2 channel total)