android
Old 05-26-2008, 10:35 PM

Default Podcatcher for Fuze

Anybody got a catcher that works well with Vista and the Fuze? I used to use Juice but it started turning up unicode errors. I'm currently using Mediafly but it's not seemless and I have to drag and drop onto the player from my desktop.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-27-2008, 01:26 PM

Hm. My suggestion? Upgrade to XP.

Ok, ok, less snark, I know. I use Juice on XP though, and it works pretty well. I'm not sure that a lot of testing has gone on for open-source projects on Vista yet.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try using Mediamonkey, It has a podcast downloader built into it, and will transfer them for you if you set it to.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruleworld View Post
Try using Mediamonkey, It has a podcast downloader built into it, and will transfer them for you if you set it to.
what's good on a mac? Unfortunately I have to use my iMac for my computing needs and would like an alternative to iTunes. I tried podcast ready but the silly program couldn't connect to the internet so if there is another good substitute I would be willing to give it a try

Old 01-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've heard good things about Juice

Old 01-24-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I've heard good things about Juice
can it download straight to fuze? I'll give it a shot just the same but that would be nice

Old 01-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'll check on that for you...

looks liek you ahve to use a different media player like iTunes or Winamp still to sync. I don't know much about mac applications.

Last edited by Cruleworld; 01-24-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:23 AM

I like MyPodder!
Or just check out this link. It's in german but there are quite a few links for the different Systems.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I'll check on that for you...

looks liek you ahve to use a different media player like iTunes or Winamp still to sync. I don't know much about mac applications.
yeah i found out how to change the download directory to go right to sandisk when I have it connected to the computer but as long as they go to one folder and I just drag the whole thing into sandisk i'm good. The one issue I have now is that some podcasts, even though it's in the appropriate folder, it's labeled unknown and a few of them go under that name in the podcast folder. I guess this has to do with id3 tags so now I have to look for a program to do that for me LOL.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Went through pretty much every podcatcher out there before giving up and getting an ipod (nothing beats itunes on this, btw). Mypodder is my non-itunes favorite, but none work really well. the mediamonkey one is one of the worst, only beaten by juice. Interestingly enough the one made by nokia for S60 cell phones (ie doesnt work on computers) is the only one that can match itunes on this.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnodegard View Post
Went through pretty much every podcatcher out there before giving up and getting an ipod (nothing beats itunes on this, btw). Mypodder is my non-itunes favorite, but none work really well. the mediamonkey one is one of the worst, only beaten by juice. Interestingly enough the one made by nokia for S60 cell phones (ie doesnt work on computers) is the only one that can match itunes on this.
yeah I'm starting to get that feeling.. but even with itunes, I still get some id3 tag issues for some reason

Old 01-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

itunes dont use normal tags, so they dont automatically work on other devices. itunes prob isnt the best software unless you have an ipod. being a heavy podcast user the ipod is simply unbeatable with those, maybe matched by the zune. autoresume etc the sansas have, but my biggest loss if moving back to a clip would be that it doesnt keep track of what ive listened to.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Like Cptnodegard said, iTunes if your best bet on a mac. If you were on windows, I'd tell you to try the zune software for downloading podcasts.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliofromny View Post
yeah I'm starting to get that feeling.. but even with itunes, I still get some id3 tag issues for some reason
I used to get my podcasts from iTunes, and since I was using my Fuze in MSC mode, I would just bring up the podcast folder in Windows Explorer/My Computer and drag&drop them into the Fuze.But obviously, that was on a Windows machine. My last exposure to an Apple computer was an Apple IIe in 6th grade

Old 01-25-2009, 01:54 PM

well i found an id3 tag editor via versiontracker that seems to be doing the trick for now. It's called Musorg and if you'd like you can get it via this link. this is of course a mac version though I'm sure you an easily find a windows via version tracker or just google (that's all I kept finding b4 i finally went the versiontracker route).

Old 01-25-2009, 08:01 PM

so after fixing up my id3 tags and decided to give my sansa fuze for a spin and i just loved the sound quality. Tons better than the ipod Nano. So I'm pretty pleased