android
Old 05-29-2008, 06:03 AM

Default 2GB for $69 or 4GB for $97

Wal*mart seems to have the best prices on the a81x series, as they are $69 for the 2GB & $97 for the 4GB....is it worth dropping the extra (approx.) $30 to double the space to 4GB? I don't have a huge music collection..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-29-2008, 08:24 AM

yes you will want the extra gbs sooner or later and 30 bucks is not that much to pay to get them added

Old 05-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

How much more useful would the 2 gigs be? Is a 4gig player more than 40% more enjoyable than the same player with just two gigs? Each person can answer that for themselves. For some it will be yes, for others it will be no. Each gig will hold roughly 9 hours of music at 256 kbps or 18 hours of music at 128 kbps. I use 256 kbps, so a 2 gig player would mean 18 hours of music for me. I tend to listen to my favorite songs over and over rather than play very many different songs. The most favorite 10% of my music probably gets at least 60% of my play time, so for me having just two gigs of memory wouldn't limit me much. For others these numbers may be very different, and an extra two gigs of space might be much more valuable.