Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Default [WinXP] Sony NWZ-A818/A816 is not recognised

Hey ABI people, here's the problem...

When I plug the player into the USB on my PC it shows a loading bar. Once that loads it says "LOW BATTERY - Please Charge". Then, it comes up with the music screen where I can play around 4 tracks which come with the player, such as "Jack Ingram's Ava Adele". Now, as much as I love old Jacky boy's music I'd much rather have something from my own collection to play. Anyway, after about 10 seconds it says "Fully Charged". This can't be true because the player does not come charged and it definitely hasn't been plugged in long enough to charge up fully.

When I plug it in, Windows brings up the "Install new hardware" wizard, which is odd considering it's 'plug and play' and doesn't require any drivers to work in XP. In Windows' device manager the player shows up as "WALKMAN" in 'Other devices', but has a yellow exclamation mark next to it. The player is also not visible in 'My Computer'.

I DO have WMP11, Microsoft Net Framework 2.0 and Sony Media Manager, yet the player is STILL not recognised.

If anyone can suggest a solution I would be greatly appreciated...this is really annoying me now! How can such a 'supposedly' simple process turn into something so excruciatingly tedious!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]