android
Old 11-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That's a damn good price for the 32GB. About the cheapest I see here in the US right now for the 32B Zen (New) is $238.54 from Walmart (here)of all places.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-08-2008, 02:20 AM

do you think that the prices will drop even further after 26th december in america? im heading over to new york then and would really like to get a zen there but as it is currently 149 on amazon at the moment im tempted to buy it now and have it for then

Old 11-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Not sure if they will drop.... maybe go on sale sometime before then. I believe they did last year. Although, Creative's players always seem to be some of the better priced out there and always looked to be adjusting.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-11-2008, 01:32 PM

I went to Comet after my NX's hard drive died (Had the choice of buying another hd for it for about 30 or a new player, so of course had to get the new player!), anyway wanted another Creative as have had them since the original Nomad Jukebox 6gb. Did the whole strip of shops in Cambridge looking for the updated Zen 32gb, and saw it in Comet 149. Asked the shopgirl to get me one. After a loooong time she came back and said they only had the display model. I said I would take that then (I really wanted it, NOW, and no one else had one, especially at that price. Argos had the x-fi for 99, but it was only 8gb, and I was replacing the 30gb Zen NX) She said she wasn't allowed to sell the display model. I said you are willing to let 149 walk out the door just to advertise stock you don't have? She said she wasn't allowed to sell the display model. I asked when more stock was coming in and she didn't know. She said she wasn't allowed to sell the display model. I said we're stuck in a logic loop, and could I see the manager? Slightly affronted she said yes ok. I spoke to him, explained the previous conversation and he said "sell it" I asked for discount, he said 10% is standard for ex display stock. I said great. Bear in mind this was in a locked glass cabinet so had not been handled at all, stll had the protective sticker over the screen, and all the box and ancillaries...so I got a new, boxed player for 135. I was very pleased with myself! Perseverence paid off. (And I might yet get a new drive for the NX as "back up" anyway!

Old 11-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice job bawdrysinger. Congrats! Enjoy your well deserved Zen.

Zen FAQ