android
Old 06-02-2008, 12:05 AM

Unhappy no space for DB

Please delete more than 60 mb!

this is the message i recieve while turning on. Things happened this way:

I bought yesterday and actualized from BB MTP to KR UMS but formatted in the way so lost my preset info. I downloaded from a thread the preset stuff but as I turn on my device i recieve this message constantly. Have deleted already all my music, and the stuff I put in from the download, so it isn´t really a memory problem. I´m saaad as this is (or was) my first day in the forum and my first day with the P2 and certainly didn´t want to start like this here. But here I am .

And greetings!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-02-2008, 12:14 AM

tokitino...
Download the current firmware version.. or the 5.05 beta firmware (new) to your hard drive.

Connect your P2 via USB cable.. In Windows Explorer, right click on the entry for your P2 and choose Format... format your player (use Quick Format.. make sure to use the FAT32 option...and no other). You will lose all of the present data/files/music on your P2.. so be aware..

Then copy and paste the two (previously downloaded) firmware files (YPP2.rom and YPP2.RSC) to the "Root" of your player (through Windows Explorer again) Copying to Root means, not into a folder. Unplug your P2... you will have to restart 3 times, for the update to complete.

Good Luck and Enjoy your new player..

Old 06-02-2008, 12:24 AM

Mmmh... I already had the lastest 5.05 beta firmware, will there be any problem? besides, I have another issue I haven´t told you yet... I work on mac OSX so, I´m kind of lost since the Windows Explorer part...
Thanks for the fast answer anyways.

maybe reseting with the "reset button" may solve this??? will loose my firmware?

Old 06-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Samsung Moderator

Read here:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=28663

The link is in this thread.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:34 AM

thank you very much. So, I guess I have to be carefull with my mac and P2.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:51 AM

Yeah.. using a Mac and a P2.. has caused multiple problems for my Nephew.. can't count the times I've had to reformat and re-install the firmware (due to the DB errata problem).. and to this day I have not figured out how to correct this issue, but I suspect it is caused by iTunes depositing numerous directory .ds files on his P2. Unfortunately, there is no real solution that I have found and I don't recommend using a P2 with a Mac. Use a friends Windows based PC to reformat and re-install the fw files.

Good Luck!

Old 06-02-2008, 01:23 AM

mmmh... As i read in other thread (and is my case as well) I believe it may be because one does not dosconnect correctly the P2. You have to trash it before disconnecting it. I made this mistake, and believe it caused it. Maybe, just maybe...?

Old 06-02-2008, 01:30 AM

Could be.... in any case.. it's likely you'll be seeing that "No space for DB" error message again. Don't have a Windows based PC in the house, eh?

Old 07-25-2008, 05:35 PM

I found a solution without needing to reformat (assuming this came from using a P2 on the mac)
If you're in windows, first, make sure u can see hidden folders.
Then, in the root directory of your Samsung P2, there should be 3 hidden folders.

Delete the .Spotlight, Config and the other folder (forgot what it was)

Unplug, let the library update and voila, working again!

Old 07-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Samsung Moderator

It's the stupid hidden folders that every Mac adds to any thing plugged into it. I call them Steve Jobs presents. They'll probably screw up any device that's built to look for config files and the like. The solution is to delete them using a Windows machine, but it's a bit of a pain...

So much for Macs being perfect.