android
Old 06-06-2008, 08:07 AM

Default BT earphones for the T10?

Hi

I just wanna ask for some BT earphones recommendations for my T10. Which do u recommend? Which sound the best with the T10? Which do u use? I like the moto S9 because it has plug-design but i remember there were some threads in this forum complaining about pitch bending or what when the S9 was used with the T10. So please help me with some ideas i'd like to purchase the ones which work the best with my T10.
Thx in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-06-2008, 08:50 AM

I have a P2 but my wife has the t10, and we both use the Sony bluetooth headphones. I use the larger, over-the-ear DR-BT50's, and my wife uses the smaller Dr-BT22's. They both sound good, not great, though the 50's sound better to my ears. Also, the construction of the 22's feels a bit "rickety" because they fold up at the top, but so far they have held up very well over the last 2 months.

These look pretty nice too: http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=4308

Old 06-06-2008, 10:35 AM

Creative SL 3100
Sturdy construction behind the head design.
I like the Stereo separation and musicality ..Bass & Mid range are good but be aware DNSe doesn't work in BT mode.
Might not be the loadest volume but more than enough for me.
The Remote function on the phones controls the T10 thru AVRCP ie. back/next/ pause +/- Volume .. although the Creative specs say it only works with their devices Zen etc
It has dual mode so you can plug in for wired headphone function and the included BT dongle can be used to connect to any other A/V device with 3.5mm port.

Last edited by Buzzmonkee; 06-06-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:19 AM

Default thx

Thx 4 all your answers. Is there perhaps someone who uses the above mentioned motorola S9 headphones? It d be great if someone could share his experience concerning those.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:47 AM

Pitch bending happens with all the Samsung BT players (T9B, T10, & P2) I have with all the BT headphones I own (S9, HT820, HS805, DR-50) and tried. If the signal drops out, the song will speed up once it reconnects. It's like the player & headphones maintain a master clock. The part of the signal lost is resent but the player continues to play. To catch the headphones up to the player's location in the song, it speeds up and slows down once it catches up.

It's not a major problem. If you don't like the pitch bend in those circumstances, don't us BT.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:58 AM

Oh, I see. Thx 4 the information. Two questions: how often does this pitch bending happen a what causes it? The distance? I plan to listen to music with the bt earphones in my ears and the player in my hands/pocket. Does that distance cause this problem? Because if it does and it happens like 10-15 times per track then i might just change my mind about this.....

Old 06-08-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majompicsa View Post
Oh, I see. Thx 4 the information. Two questions: how often does this pitch bending happen a what causes it? The distance? I plan to listen to music with the bt earphones in my ears and the player in my hands/pocket. Does that distance cause this problem? Because if it does and it happens like 10-15 times per track then i might just change my mind about this.....
I just explained why...a dropped signal. To avoid a long explaination, read this thread in the Sony A829 forum. I've answered some of your questions there.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=29428

Your signal drop outs could range between 0 and many depending on how well you understand short range, low power RF. You body will absorb/block the signal between the devices close in but you many get 40-60 ft away before loosing signal with no/minimal obstacles. If you know where the anntenas are on both devices and keep them unobstructed and pointed at each other, you'll have no drop outs. It's not rocket science. My observations are the P2, T9B, and A829 all work better in pockets than the T10.

The BT signal strength of the T10 is weaker than the P2 and T9B (1.8 mW vs 2.4 mW) and it shows. It's less resistant to signal loss in specification and in reality. The Sony A829 'feels' similar to the P2/T9B in signal strength but I have no hard data to back it this claim.

Your results will reflect your usage. Unfortunately, my experience has been that the T10 will lose signal in my pocket or hand easier than the P2, T9B, or A829.

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 06-08-2008 at 04:21 PM.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Your signal drop outs could range between 0 and many depending on how well you understand short range, low power RF.
Interesting. I had notice a static click (not a pitch bend?) seemingly once every couple of minutes if the battery indicator was below 2 bar - thought it had to do with lower battery power of either T10 and/or headphone affecting some syncing check. This seemed to be the case even if there was static line of sight and a few feet between devices