android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2008, 10:30 AM

Default Mp3tag and the Fuze on Ubuntu. Album order possible ?

So following a suggestion in a different thread, I got a hold of Mp3tag and it has been serving me very well with the Fuze under Ubuntu so far, cheers ! Now however, I'm in a bit of a quandary which might determine whether or not I return the Fuze, or trade in my 4 for an 8 gig.

I'm really anal retentive about how my folder structure is ordered, and this is why I'm a huge fan of file tree browsing. While I'm finally able to tag my files so that they show up in order on the Fuze, my main problem is that I also like to have my albums listed in chronological order, according to when they were released.

With file tree browsing, I simply type a number before each album, (1-5 etc) and can then listen to say, each Radiohead album from Pablo Honey to In Rainbows, in order. With the Fuze, they're obviously all out of order, but this isn't the worst thing actually. The worst, is designated to the fact that I can't create playlists based on multiple albums in a folder (remember, this is Linux and not using MTP). If I was able to do that, I wouldn't be so hesitant to keep the Fuze, despite loving the sound quality, size and ease of use.

I really want to keep it (and upgrade to the 8 gig) but not being able to :

1. Have my albums listed in the order they were released
2. Play directories outside of the current playing artist when that folder has reached the end

Is making me think twice. #2 Likely won't get any attention in a firmware update, and neither will #1, but it might be possible to have Mp3tag take care of ordering my albums, no ?

So if anybody has any idea, as to how I might get Mp3tag to label albums with a number before the actual title, and will affect how they're ordered, I'd love to hear your input.

Doug

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]