android
Old 06-09-2008, 03:44 PM

Default Zen displaying songs out of alphabetical order?

I synched my ZVM using Media Monkey the other day to put some new songs on. I unplugged the USB cable and when I scrolled to the album they were on the player just added them to the bottom of the list, totally out of alphabetical order like they usually are. Ran a couple more syncs and still get the same thing.

Is there a way to get the ZVM to refresh the view (like in windows) and get it to alphabetize them again?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Actually, for audio tracks, I believe the songs are listed by their track number and not by alphabetical order. When viewing All Tracks, is when they are listed in alphabetical order.You may want to check the ID3 tags of the media files to make sure they are properly tagged. It seems as though maybe the existing audio files are missing the track info and the new audio files you just added have the track info and are being listed on the bottom since they have a greater value.

Check out this thread for more info.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 PM

There's definitely something I'm missing... I'm going over it several times in Media Monkey... I select all the files in a given album and remove the track # info and apply it to all the selected files. Then I sync, and the tracks are still out of order on the ZVM.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

What happens if you try syncing those changed files with a different program like WMP or even just drag and drop the changed files onto the ZVM?

Zen FAQ

Old 06-14-2008, 10:49 PM

I've discovered something sinister about Media Monkey (using Vista. If you are not then ignore this)

If you do not use "Run as Administrator" to run MM, then the tags do not get changed. Took me awhile to figure that one out. Should have guessed though.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
If you do not use "Run as Administrator" to run MM, then the tags do not get changed. Took me awhile to figure that one out.
Even if you are actually logged in as admin? Odd....

Zen FAQ

Old 06-15-2008, 07:56 PM

oh yeah...Vista a beotch about that. I'm logged in as an admin, but I have changed the uac settings to just perform the elevation of privilege requests silently. There are still proggies which require that you "run as administrator" to function correctly. Apps which alter files (like changing ID3 tags for instance )

I hate UAC.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, I've been running Vista for long time. I remember those same issues at first, so I disabled UAC and haven't had an issue since.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 PM

i've noticed an issue with MM where i'll mass change the tags on a bunch of songs, and some of them just won't take, no matter what... but i'm using xp so i dunno

dragging and dropping seems to work... i dunno why syncing with MM doesn't... haven't tried WMP, not sure how to do it through that

Old 06-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I've heard of others having the same problem before when using MM (and some that don't). I would try another tagging/syncing program(s). Most of the time I use MP3Tag for tagging and just drag-and-drop and it works great. I have also used WMP with good results.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-18-2008, 06:22 PM

when you drag and drop, can you just mass copy the files over? or do they need to be in a special folder arrangement? (Genre, Album, etc)

Old 06-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
when you drag and drop, can you just mass copy the files over?
Yes.

Quote:
or do they need to be in a special folder arrangement? (Genre, Album, etc)
No. Just in the Music folder.<!-- / message -->

Zen FAQ

Old 06-19-2008, 11:08 AM

thanks for the help!

oh and btw, i tried using mp3tag last night, and it showed me that there were a bunch of tracks that MM had failed to blank the track# for (and they all appeared like /4 or /21, etc - maybe MM missed them because they had the weird slash before them?) so i saved the track info using mp3tag, and resynced with MM, works great now!

Old 06-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem.

Good to hear. Mp3Tag is a great program!

Zen FAQ

Old 06-19-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Just drag-and-drop and it works great
Drag-and-drop doesn't work properly for me for some reason. When i do it there are always a few songs that will then not appear on the ZVM, they will when i look at the player on the computer but not on the player itself. Doesn't bother me or matter as i just use Mediasource to sync my stuff but I still thought it would've worked.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Drag-and-drop doesn't work properly for me for some reason. When i do it there are always a few songs that will then not appear on the ZVM, they will when i look at the player on the computer but not on the player itself. Doesn't bother me or matter as i just use Mediasource to sync my stuff but I still thought it would've worked.
I've heard of other similar issues with Mediasource to where it only seems to update the internal library of Mediasource and not the player; maybe related.... or a possible MTP issue.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-22-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I've heard of other similar issues with Mediasource to where it only seems to update the internal library of Mediasource and not the player; maybe related.... or a possible MTP issue.
Possibly. Although I have noticed it pretty much since i got the MP3. It's still like it after a format of the computer. Like I said though, it doesn't bother me and so long as the MP3 keeps connecting I'm happy.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Like I said though, it doesn't bother me and so long as the MP3 keeps connecting I'm happy.
That's all that really matters then isn't it?

Old 06-23-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
That's all that really matters then isn't it?
Yes lol