android
Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 AM

Default @SkinJob

"Usually, you can just insert the USB plug half way into the jack and this will allow the outer power pins to make contact but prevent the middle data pins from connecting."
I was looking for a solution and this worked great for me.

I have a Sansa, I don't believe it's a Fuse, but it does NOT offer playback while connected to a computer unless you follow the advice above. In other words the device will allow you to listen to music while charging if there is no data connection, either by using a USB wall/car charger or following the advice given by SkinJob.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Banned

First off, as stated above, DO NOT USE IPOD CABLES ON THE FUZE!!!!
U can however get this kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Cable-wall-c...d=p4634.c0.m14

toss the cable,and use the chargers as i have, u can playback and charge at same time, tho if u pause playback u can fully charge your fuze from DEAD in around 15min(at least both of mine charge that fast)

These work GREAT and are CHEAP AS HELL!!!!!

also you will want to add a skin/cover i recomend this one
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...sa-Fuze/Detail
no extra bulk, stops unit from being scratched, and is a good price, its the same as the invisible shield skin, just cheaper!!!!

Old 05-16-2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
It's a little more tricky when connecting to a computer. In this case you have to make sure the middle two pins on the USB connector don't make contact. Usually, you can just insert the USB plug half way into the jack and this will allow the outer power pins to make contact but prevent the middle data pins from connecting.
This is a WONDERFUL tip. Can someone more familiar with these forums than I am please suggest somewhere we can post it that will be more prominent? Presumably it works with many players, not just the Fuze.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Usually, you can just insert the USB plug half way into the jack and this will allow the outer power pins to make contact but prevent the middle data pins from connecting
Wow, great advice, it really works; I can now listen and charge from my pc at the same time!