android
Old 05-26-2008, 09:14 PM

Default IAudio x5 disconnect mess

Hi there,
I have the X5 60G... I never have problems with other people computers, but when it comes to mine... what a mess!
Last time I connected it to my computer It wouldn't disconnect and when I just turned off the device, and then restart my computer, all went wrong... my computer thought that the devices drive is the drive that operates it and windows (xp) wouldn't come up...I had to format my computer and lost all my data on it! So I tried it now again, and again I get the message that the device can not be disconnected and to try another time... I've waited about 10 min. and still - no change. in the end turned off the device, but now I'm afraid to restart my computer ... any advice???

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-27-2008, 09:23 AM

You formatted your computer? Wouldn't it have worked to assign the proper boot disk in the BIOS? Furthermore, partitioning your hard disk in two parts (one for the OS and apps, the other for your data) would prevent any data loss when you reinstall Windows.

I've got the feeling there's some issue with your computer, not the X5?

On Windows XP or Vista (or even Windows 2000) you don't have to disconnect the player, you can just yank the cable out when all transfers are finished. It shouldn't do any harm - even if Windows pops up a window to complain about "improper disconnect". I never lost any data by doing that.

Tags
disconnect