Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2008, 03:01 AM
Default What's the best way to transfer AAC files to the Zen?

Hi everyone! I am a recent iPod-convert to an 8GB Zen, but my experience transferring AAC files to the player has been horrible. A large part of why I chose the Zen over other players is that my collection is mostly AAC from my iPod-using days and converting all of them to anything else will lower the quality immensely. The manual says I have to use the Zen Media Explorer to transfer AAC files to the player, but I dislike that program because it does not allow me to organize my library of music on the computer like iTunes can. I have to select entire folders to transfer to the Zen, but I only want to add certain genres of music and I can't make selections based on ID3 tags.

I've tried Winamp, but that was mostly hit and miss. Sometimes the music works. Others play for 1-3 seconds and then I get the "cannot play music file" message and the player moves on to the next track. Others freeze up the player completely, and those files actually bricked my player because after I reset it, the player would not turn on again. I had to send it in for a replacement, and I chose replacement because I haven't given up on this player's ability to get AAC files correctly (but I will after the second one)! Any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]