android
Old 06-17-2008, 06:47 PM

Default My ZVM has FROZE!!! HELP!!!

HELP!!!! My ZVM has froze when I turn it on it looks like its turning on but it freezes the only way to shut it off is wait until the battery dies. The reset does nothing!! PLEASE HELP!!! TIA, Scott

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-18-2008, 06:39 AM

I am certainly not the authority on all this, but since you have no responses yet I'll take a stab at it. Have you tried to boot into Recovery Mode? At the bottom of the player insert a paperclip into the reset hole and while holding that in slide the power switch towards the power icon and hold it there (from ZVM Tip and Tricks FAQ - Recovery Mode). You should have the option to choose either disk cleanup or format. See if you can get into recovery and choose one of those options bearing in mind that format will erase everything you added like music and movies from your player. If it were me I would format.
IN ORDER OF CAPACITY: RioS30S 64kb/Sansa e130 512kb/iRiverT10 1gb/Sansa e260 4gb/iAudioU3 4gb*DOA/CowonD2 4gb*SOLD/iRiverClix2 8gb/SansaFuze 8gb/SamsungP2 8/iAudio7 16gb/CreativeZVM 30gb/CreativeZVM 60gb/iPodTouch 64gbgb/iPodVideo 80gb :

Old 06-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

When does it freeze; what are you/it doing? How many times and how often does it freeze? Are you sure you are pressing the very small button in the reset hole? You should be able to feel the small button suppress when you push it and then release.<O</O

Zen FAQ

Old 06-18-2008, 05:30 PM

When I turn it on it freezes at the ZEN screen and just sits there until the battery wheres out. When I push the reset button the screen goes blank and it trys to start again and freezes at the ZEN screen like before. And I did try the paperclip into the reset hole while holding the power switch towards the power icon and that did nothing besides bring me back to the ZEN screen. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, that isn't good at all.

You can either get a hold of Creative:

Returning your Zen to Creative for warranty service.
Creative Warranty Returns FAQ.

.....Or attempt to repair yourself. It seems as though the internal ROM chip (contains the RecoveryMode/Bootloader) may be corrupted/ruined. A new mainboard should resolve this issue. You can try to look for some type of as-is (maybe cracked-screen type) ZVM somewhere like EBay to use for swapping parts (mainboard).

Zen FAQ