android
Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 PM

Default Transfer issues

I have the Zen V software on two computers -- my work desktop and my home laptop.

On the desktop, I can transfer files three ways without any problem: through the "Add Media" function on the Zen Media Explorer, through the sync manager, and through the Zencast Organizer. But on my laptop, I get error messages with sync manager and Organizer. I was able to transfer successfully on the laptop using the Media Explorer.

I know the Zen itself is fine, since all methods are fine here at work. The error messages are non-descriptive, it simply says error.

Ideas, anyone?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome to the world of buggy software from Creative. Since it works by using the Zen Media Explorer on both systems, the connection seems to be fine and the driver should be loading properly. Your issue now remains with the Creative Software. Have you tried re-installing or even uninstalling all Creative software and then re-installing them? Better yet, have you tried using another sync program like WMP to see if you get any issues that way?

Look for what is different between the laptop and the desktop. Are they the same OS/ Same service packs installed? Same version of WMP installed?

Zen FAQ

Old 06-18-2008, 01:36 PM

Thanks, Bobby, I'll check those things.

I realized after posting that the Zencast Organizer on the desktop (which works) was downloaded from Creative's site (and thus is the latest) and I installed it on the laptop using the CD that game with the unit (and thus may not be the latest). Perhaps that accounts for this problem. I'll have to check the versions on the laptop and make sure I have the latest.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Let us know how it goes.

Zen FAQ