android
Old 06-25-2008, 12:12 AM

Default help for mediamonkey synchronisation

HI,

I tried to send files to my new fuze using mediamonkey. Although the device path is set to \Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title> , media monkey keep sending all the files to the root of the sansa player.

Please advise

Thanks

(ps: I'm on vista)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You running mediamonkey 2 or 3, the way I have mine set up is to sync it exactly like you are to my zen, even though you have a Fuze it should still be the same. for example, in my case it should copy \music\ATB\Don't Stop. I don't have it set to sync the album folders, just the songs to the artist folder. What mode is the Fuze in MSC or MTP it should be going to the music folder! does your Fuze have a music folder created in it? if not try creating one and then trying it!
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 06-25-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
You running mediamonkey 2 or 3, the way I have mine set up is to sync it exactly like you are to my zen, even though you have a Fuze it should still be the same. for example, in my case it should copy \music\ATB\Don't Stop. I don't have it set to sync the album folders, just the songs to the artist folder. What mode is the Fuze in MSC or MTP it should be going to the music folder! does your Fuze have a music folder created in it? if not try creating one and then trying it!
I'm using the last version of MM. I have the Music folder in the Fuze. I didn't select a specific mode right now its on autoselect.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

and your on Vista so it should go straight to MTP, that's a new one indeed! not sure what I can do to help! maybe someone else that knows more about it will come along and help
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
and your on Vista so it should go straight to MTP, that's a new one indeed! not sure what I can do to help! maybe someone else that knows more about it will come along and help
maybe I forgot to mention that mm doesn't even create a directory with artist and album name, it just create a file with the name of the song in the root directory of the fuze.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:08 PM

Ok this is weird !

I tried msc mode. Now the Sansa shows up as a driver (O). Now I can synchronize with MM but all the files that I put manually before are not showing up in the directory but they are still on the player because I can read them from the fuze when disconnected...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobou View Post
maybe I forgot to mention that mm doesn't even create a directory with artist and album name, it just create a file with the name of the song in the root directory of the fuze.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobou View Post
Ok this is weird !

I tried msc mode. Now the Sansa shows up as a driver (O). Now I can synchronize with MM but all the files that I put manually before are not showing up in the directory but they are still on the player because I can read them from the fuze when disconnected...
Yeah it WILL show up as a driver because the computer thinks it's a flash drive because of you changing to MSC mode!
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m