android
Old 06-26-2008, 09:57 AM

Default anyone using an Sansa Express is a car??

My Headunit has a USB port that i use to plug flashdrives into and play music off of.... its pretty common now days, i call it my poor mans ipod.

anyway I thought because my shinny new sansa express is basicaly a flash drive i could use it as such in my car.... it worked great for about three days the sansa would even say charging while connected to the head unit..... the only thing that kind of sucked was i had to physicaly turn off the sansa after turning off the car.... no big deal

well one day i ran into a store for about 5 minutes, i turned off the car but did not turn off the sansa.. i started the car and the headunit said.... no device connected.. i pulled the sansa off the usb cable and hit the power button....nothing it never worked again. the computer would not even see it....

I got a new one and i am just woundering if anyone else is using the sansa in the same way with no problems... and mybe my first one was just bad

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you tried the "hard reset" for the Express? Is it charged up? Have you looked into one of the MSC mode sticky?

Old 06-26-2008, 10:03 AM

yes yes and no.... but i got a new one and so far i am afraid to stick it into the car.... i got flash drives galore so i dont realy NEED it to work in my car i just thought it would be a bonus!!

Old 06-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I know the one MSC mode sticky(the newer one) fixed someone's Express because they went into the IRC channel and he said the other one did not work, but I was searching and the one I posted worked for him.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:27 AM

i will check that out if it happens again... thanks