android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 07-01-2008, 06:07 PM

Default trying to get music off of zen but don't have the cd's

I'm at college and my roommate wants to put his music on my computer so we can listen to it and so he can change music. But he doesn't have his cd's with him for software. He has a 2GB creative Zen V plus. I have windows XP on my computer and i was just wondering if anyone knew how i could get his zen to work with my computer so we could listen to his music on my computer and so he can put new music on it.

Thanks for any help it's greatly appreciated!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You don't need any additional software installed on the computer other then what comes with WinXP. Have you tried connecting it to the computer yet? What version of Windows Media Player do you have installed? The Zen V is an MTP device meaning it doesn't require any additional drivers outside of what the (MTP compliant) OS provides. However, you will need at least WMP10 or WMP11 in order for the Media Framework to be installed and properly detect and install the Zen.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-02-2008, 06:56 AM

The zen was recognized and everything when first plugged in but isn't recognized as far as programs and can't be found to get music on or off of the zen... It seems like the drivers installed but i have no way of seeing the device

Old 07-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

What version of WMP is installed?

Check Device Manager to make sure that the driver is installing properly:

Control Panels -> System -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager -> the Zen V should be listed under Portable Devices. Check to make sure there is not an error over it. If there is an error, open the properties and list what it says. You can try right clicking on it and selecting Uninstall, disconnect the Zen V, reconnect it, and the driver should get reinstalled.

Zen FAQ