android
Old 07-04-2008, 03:48 AM

Default Video not working - Help please

Hope someone can help. I just purchased a T10 in Australia - ($75 from DealsDirect). I received the device today, charged it via USB for a couple of hours, installed Samsung Media app which updated itself to EmoDio. EmoDio updated the firmware on the device, so after a power off and a start-up, the device is now showing as Firmware 3.06 US (I don't know what it was initially). Device seems to be working fine, but videos do not work - the standard 3 which come with the player do not play - there is some sound and they play with a blank screen for a few seconds but then it moves onto the next video. I've tried transferring a couple of videos I've converted using SUPER and WME and even tried one using EmoDio - one doesn't play (wmv) and the other 2 have very garbled pictures (svi's). Any ideas? If it wasn't for the fact that even the standard 3 videos weren't working, I'd assume it was something to do with my conversion settings.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-04-2008, 09:08 AM

Backup and try a Format and maybe also a Reset

Old 07-04-2008, 05:19 PM

By Back-up do you simply mean copying all of the existing files into a temp folder somewhere on my PC or is there a back-up tool for the T10?

By format, do you mean the menu item - will this format the whole thing or back to factory default?

I don't know if the firmware upgrade failed in some way - how can I force another upgrade of the firmware if the device is already on 3.06?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:44 PM

Download the new firmware ZIP from the samsung site and do a manual update. I am leery about letting SMS or EMOdio do anything automatic with firmware.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...JAB&isEqualsY=
Thats the link to the T10's download site. Get the 3.06 US firmware, unzip the two files to your desktop, and drag and drop them into the Internal Storage which shows up in Windows Explorer.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:31 AM

Should I just drop them in the root of the inernal storage folder?

Then what? Power off and back on again?

Old 07-06-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanol View Post
Should I just drop them in the root of the inernal storage folder?

Then what? Power off and back on again?
Exactly. it will get to 2/5 firmware updating, then shut off. power the T10 on agian, it'll finish, then power off again. Turn it on one more time, and you're good to go.
Make sure you unzip to desktop first, They will not go right from ZIP to the T10. Pop the .RSC and .ROM into the root with all the Music, Pictures, Videos folders and the like.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:52 PM

Hi - just tried a format, reset and re-upload of the firmware.

Firmware went Step 1/5, powered off, power on Steps 2-5 and powered off again. Final power on and still the same result.

Any more ideas? Could there be a hardware problem with the video chip?

Old 07-06-2008, 09:13 PM

it's a weird one.. what settings are you using for the video conversion in Emodio??
First thing I did with mine was flash it to Korean UMS firmware so I never tested the included videos.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:46 AM

I've tried General (Middle / Middle) and Advanced (320x240, 400kbps, 25 FPS) and neither work.

Strange thing is, occasionally when I resume the device and it auctoamtically goes into the playing movie function (last function it was in before being powered off), the picture on the movie is there (paused) - as soon as I press play, it garbles up again!

Its so frustrating - I was so looking forward to using this device - looks like I'll have to send it off for repair

Old 07-07-2008, 03:44 PM

hi, i've encountered problems converting, but not playing, videos.
My suggest is to download and install jsvcoder: this freeware software surely converts in a correct way your videos [go to settings and select YP-T10 first].
Then drag & drop your svi files into T10 video folder and try play this.
If you have a file not directly supported [flv, for example], try format factory, another freeware to convert anything in avi, then in svi with jsvi.

I'm in email contact with format factory developer: he's now working to improve the software, making possible to obtain a svi file directly, without any other program.
Check updates into the site linked above.
Thumb down for emodio conversion feature. slow, unsure, often crashing.

Good luck with your videos!