android
Old 04-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

1. Start the Creative Sync Manager,
2. Once it is in your system tray (lower right by clock), right click on it, expand "Player Settings" from the prompt menu, and then select "Creative Zen".
3. Under the "Select the items for synchronization", highlight "Audio" and then click the "Settings" button.
4. On the "Audio" tab (first tab in new window), under "Synchronize the tracks in this folder", set the path to where your audio and m3u files are located.
5. OK, the rest of the way back.
6. Sync the Zen and you should then have them located under playlists.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-14-2008, 06:15 PM

Default Is there any way to backup .zpl playlists on PC?

Does anyone know a way to backup .zpl playlists on a PC? I created .zpl playlists on my Zen using Zen Media Explorer. I tried using Windows Explorer to drag these playlists from the Zen Media Explore playlist folder to my root directory but it doesn't work.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:36 PM

Default How to: Playlists - zpl file from m3u file?

I have a 500 line m3u file with paths to various songs in my entire collection. After transferring the folder to the zen, how can I create the same playlist? Do I have to go to each song in my collection and say add to playlist xyz....?

Is there a way to quickly create a m3u file or something similar and put in on the zen which it will understand? Anyone know what the format of the .zpl file is?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:52 PM

Default How to make playlists...??

k i know the Zen has on the go playlist support, but im having trouble doing it.

when i select a song make a playlist, it asks me to name the playlist. Then it saves it. But when i select another song to add to the same playlist, it asks me to name another one, as if it only one song can be selected in a playlist...? Very confusing. Is it possible for you to add any song from any album on to one playlist?

Clarity on this would be appreciated.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Begin playback of an existing Playlist. Then navigate to the song you want to add to that playlist. Use the context menu option and select "Add To Selected". This will add the track to the end of the Now Playing list. Navigate back to the Now Playing list and enter through the current song playing (3 clicks) until you get to the Selected Music list. From there you should see the tracks included in the current playlist, including the song you added at the end. Use the context menu option again and select "Save As Playlist". Type in either a new Playlist name or the same name of an existing Playlist title. If you want it to be the same, after you type in the same title, it will ask if you want to overwrite the current playlist with the same name. Select Yes. Then if you navigate to the Playlists section again and look at the Playlist now, you should see the new song added.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Added to FAQ

Zen FAQ

Old 05-17-2008, 09:01 AM

bobby again, thank you tons.

works great.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Again, it's no problem. Good to hear it is working for you now. Enjoy the Zen.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-10-2008, 06:38 AM

Default Playlists

Hi another playlist question. Still considering getting a Zen to replace old Ipod. Will I be able to make playlists on the zen using my pc (dragging and dropping) rather than having to select individual tracks on the player itself ? This may seem trivial but playlists are important to me and itunes (whatever you guys think of apple) is user friendly.
I hope I can as I want to move away from Apple and the Zen looks good and is currently sold at a good price.

Mark

Old 07-10-2008, 11:30 AM

Well if you transfer tracks using WMP, by syncing a playlist (or a number ob them), then it will transfer all the relevant tracks and create a playlist on the device.

Is that what you're after?

Old 07-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Playlists is one of the strong points of the Zen (on the Zen). However, due to conversion requirements, playlists have to be made and managed either using the Creative's playlist wizard software or Using software like WMP or MediaMonkey to create and then sync. It's pretty easy from the computer side too.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-10-2008, 03:16 PM

Thanks guys, I was a bit worried having bought a small philips to try, it wont accept playlists from WMP, the songs go on but not as a recognised playlist. Now you hve put my mind at rest, I will get a zen 8Gb, anyone know where they are cheapest in UK, Dixons/Currys have them for 69 pounds.

regards

mark

Old 07-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem.

Take a look here for a couple places to buy.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-11-2008, 03:21 PM

Hi

Wheres the Creative's playlist wizard as I cannot seem to find it. I need to make a playlist of somes in my music collection thats already synced. Never had to make playlists before so any advice appreciated.

Scott

Old 07-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you open the Zen Media Explorer, it is the Manage Playlist option. It is the CTPlyLsU.exe file located in the C:\Program Files\Creative\ZEN Media Explorer\Playlist Wizard folder. Enjoy!

Zen FAQ

Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 AM

Default Adding songs to playlist on-the-go

Hi,
I have my Zen for a month now and I am now REALLY REALLY fed up with command "shortcut not applicable here" showing everytime i want to add a song to a playlist.

And:
1. It only happens while i hit "my shortcut" button while the song is being played & displayed.
1. Yes i know, i can do it while the song is NOT being played. But the truth is, thats HOW ITS DONE. You listen to a song, you think "hey, i like that, lets add it to my crazy awesome playlist" and then you add it to your playlist, right?
So thats how I want it.

Please let me know if it is possible, cause if not, then I am selling that black little m...........r.

Thank you.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:29 AM

Default UP

Please, don't tell me there is really NO quick way to add songs to playlist in Zen.
Does nobody has problems with that command coming up?
I find it impossible.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:32 AM

So you're on step ahead of me, i've got a x-fi and i haven't even figured out how to create a playlist where you can add one song after another.

everytime i create a new playlist in the options menu (save as playlist) while playing a song the WHOLE ALBUM is added and it don't let me remove the songs i don't want in the playlist.

and i haven't yet found another way to create a playlist directly on the player, when i'm in the playlist-menu the player just says "create playlists through options menu while playing" or the like.

and i also don't get how this "add to selection" thing works....

i guess i really have to read the manual... what a shame....

Old 09-26-2008, 07:56 AM

Cyphox, I actually find that ZEN's flaw so amazingly stupid and annoying I am actually thinking of flushing that damn thing in the toilet.
I can not see any more useful function in a mp3 player then ability to create playlists on-the-go.
My Zen is 32 Gig - there is milions of songs on it and i can hardly tell which one i will feel like listening to- i hardly know half of them. It's all about getting to know new songs.
And that is simply impossible without being able to save them in a playlist!
What d.f am i to do? Write names of the songs that I liked on a piece of paper? So later I could type find them?

Please, if somebody could tell me how to get rid of riddiculous "this shortcut is not applicable here" command and be able to easily create playlists- I would be greatful until I die.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

With the ZVM I used Creative Media Source Organizer to listen to songs and make playlists. It worked pretty good for that. Heres how to make a playlist on the go - Make your shortcut button "add to selected" .Find an artist with one track and press play then go to a track you want to have on your playlist and press the shortcut button. Repeat for as many tracks as you want on a playlist(make sure you don't press play on any of these songs after the first one or your screwed) Now go to "Now Playing", all the songs you just picked are there. Press the options button and scroll down to make playlist or create playlist or whatever it is then you'll get a keypad to name it. And now as long as you never pressed play while you were choosing songs you have a new playlist.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no9 View Post
With the ZVM I used Creative Media Source Organizer to listen to songs and make playlists. It worked pretty good for that. Heres how to make a playlist on the go - Make your shortcut button "add to selected" .Find an artist with one track and press play then go to a track you want to have on your playlist and press the shortcut button. Repeat for as many tracks as you want on a playlist(make sure you don't press play on any of these songs after the first one or your screwed) Now go to "Now Playing", all the songs you just picked are there. Press the options button and scroll down to make playlist or create playlist or whatever it is then you'll get a keypad to name it. And now as long as you never pressed play while you were choosing songs you have a new playlist.
or delete the actual "selection", in playscreen press the button in the middle twice so you get into .. lets call it "selection overview", then press the option button -> Delete -> delete all

nice, thanks for the explanation, you saved me from reading the manual

did i understood that correct, that there's actually no way to add a song to an EXISTING playlist? this is really bullshit....