android
Old 09-26-2008, 08:29 AM

I agree that this would be a useful function, but Zen doesn't have it. Not sure if other players do or not. My last player (RIO Carbon) you couldn't do anything with playlists from the player, had to do it all from the computer.

I think it's easier to make playlists on the computer. However, I have updated playlists on the Zen as follows - clear selected, then open the playlist you want to add to, making it your "selected." Then go to the songs you want to add to the playlist and "add to selected." Then "Save as playlist" and give the new playlist the same name as the old playlist. It will ask if you want to overwrite the original, choose yes.

Definitely not as convenient as the functionality you're looking for, but I think that's the best you can do on Zen.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-26-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
II have updated playlists on the Zen as follows - clear selected, then open the playlist you want to add to, making it your "selected." Then go to the songs you want to add to the playlist and "add to selected." Then "Save as playlist" and give the new playlist the same name as the old playlist. It will ask if you want to overwrite the original, choose yes.

Definitely not as convenient as the functionality you're looking for, but I think that's the best you can do on Zen.
That's the same way it was on the Zen Vision M. Oh boy do I miss that GUI. Carefull what you complain about, Creative overall has a good interface compared to alot of brands. I've gotta jump through hoops to get playlists on the Cowon D2.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:07 AM

Default Playlists

can anyone help ?.i want to make a playlist & add single tracks to it from time to time.
I have printed of the section within FAQ but,i cant seem to get around the whole album or complete list of whatever is being played being added to the playlist.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thread merged with main Playlist thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-14-2008, 06:13 PM

Hey, I'm having problems with the Edit Playlist and Create PLaylist options in the Zen Media Explorer.
When I go to edit an existing playlist, an error message comes up saying something along the lines of 'cannot read/write to player'.
When I go to create a playlist, a different error comes up saying that it can't save the new playlist!

My player is definitely connected, as I can get into my music files on it, but I can't do anything playlist-wise, it's infuriating!

Please help!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome jenn rc. Sounds like you could have a Zen Media Explorer issue. Make sure you are running the latest version (here; click AGREE to download). As a test, I would also try creating a playlist in WMP and see if it works that way. If it does, then you know the issue is with the Creative software.

Gee Wiz: try adding the one song by making sure nothing is in your Now Playing list before playing the one song.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-15-2008, 10:51 AM

Thanks for your reply, Bobby RS, but updating the software hasn't worked... Any other ideas?

Sync-ing a playlist through WMP seems to work, but it won't let me add a song to a playlist if it is already on my player, is there a way around that other than doing it through my device (that would take forever!)?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Did you try making and transfering playlist using another program besides Creative's? I would also just try drag-and-dropping a couple of files over to the Zen using Windows Explorer to see how the Zen reacts.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-15-2008, 07:26 PM

Well, I've only tried WMP, like I said, but other than that I haven't... Never used Creative's Media Explorer for anything other than the playlist functions... I don't know how to use the Media Player bit!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, did it work with WMP then? Does a regular sync work with trasfering files over? Can you drag-and-drop a few files to the Zen? What I am getting at here is if MTP is working properly or not.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-16-2008, 04:31 PM

I could make a playlist through WMP, but if I selected tracks to add to the playlist on WMP, they wouldn't be on the playlist on my player if they were there to begin with.
Wow, I'm really not makig a lot of sense! Erm, Lets say I wanted to make a playlist called One, and I wanted to put the U2 songs Vertigo, With or Without You and Electrical Storm on it... The playlist would only add the songs that I didn't have on my player to begin with... Say I had Vertigo on there before I wanted to make One, it wouldn't add on to my player.
Is that making sense, or am I rambling? Sorry, I'm so crap with this stuff!
I can sync stuff through WMP, and I can drag and drop, it's a fault with the software (I think)... any ideas?
Thanks for your help!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I can sync stuff through WMP, and I can drag and drop, it's a fault with the software (I think)... any ideas?
Thanks for your help!
Well, lol.... lets see. How about I just tell you how I do it instead of trying to figure out how you are doing it and it not work.

Keep in mind, all of my tracks are already on my Zen. If I want to make a playlist, I begin adding the songs I like to have in the playlist to WMP's Now Playing playlist. Once they are added, I then select to save the playlist (as an M3U file) to a location within where WMP is setup to sync my audio files. Then I do a sync. Once the sync has completed, it then shows up on the Zen under Playlists. Tada.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Merged with main playlist thread.

I would first try booting into Recovery Mode and do a Cleanup. Then see if it continues to act in this way.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-30-2008, 03:05 PM

one quick question but say i use mediamonkey to put lots of music on including playlists, then drag and drop some differrent music files onto it, can i make a playlist with music from both sources (1, on the zen and 2, on the computer)
2GB *Pink* Zen Stone with speaker + init silicon skin
Sony MDR-XD200 Skullcandy Smokin Buds

Old 12-30-2008, 03:28 PM

Default how add individual songs to a playlist?

I have a creative zen 4gb mp3 player n im not sure how add individual songs to a playlist when ever i make one it saves the song n the other songs n its catorgory n anything else i have make a new playlist can someone help me

Old 12-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome NegroGigante. Thread merged with existing sticky thread regarding Playlists. You may want to check out post 28 and the Zen FAQ sometime.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-07-2009, 07:39 AM

Default Syncing Playlists - have i done it wrongly?

Whenever I want to transfer songs to ZEN, I'll create playlists in MediaMonkey and sync the playlists over. These songs can be either new songs or songs which are already stored in ZEN.

This method of syncing creates a duplicate of songs which are already stored in ZEN. As such, my ZEN has many duplicates of the same song due to the many times I've synced over the same song in different playlists.

Is my method of syncing incorrect? How can I continue adding songs which are already stored in ZEN to playlists and sync them over to ZEN?

Old 01-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thread merged with main Playlist thread. You may want to have a read through it.

Did you originally transfer/sync your files to the Zen with a different sync manager before creating playlists and syncing them with Mediamonkey? The Zen doesn't like to play well when more than one sync manager is used.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 PM

Question:
how do I delete playlists without deleting the acutal tracks?

Clarity appreciated!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:33 AM

quick question: is zen able to play playlists in memory card mode?