android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 07-13-2008, 10:59 AM

Default Flashed bad firmware now it wont detect on usb for 4 computers with AC charger

I think ive bricked my ZVM.
Because i cant extract the nk.bin for my 60gb fat zen vison M due to my battery being dead i decided to just download a modified 30gb US file and use the creative wizard to convert it to 60gb and upload it.

On first boot it said hardware errror and im back in the recovery menu. Only problem is it wont detect via USB on 3 vista machines and one windows MCE 2005 (XP home machine) Nothing at all shows up in the device manager and there are no noises and no dock signal on the zen.

I might just strip the thing for parts its really starting to shit me up the wall.

Anything i can do?

**edit**

would putting hte drive into another 60gb ZVM then installing firmware work? or does the firmware reside on the players mainboard?

Last edited by Gruelius; 07-13-2008 at 11:32 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

30GB and 60GB ZVM's hardware have differences, therefore their firmware are different as well. 30GB firmware will not work on a 60GB ZVM and a 60GB firmware will not work on a 30GB ZVM. The mainboards are different.

The firmware resides on a separate partition on the hard drive from the data partition.

Boot the ZVM into Recovery Mode and select Reload Firmware to erase the currently installed (or simi-installed incorrect firmware). Then connect it to the computer to reload the correct firmware version for the ZVM model you have.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 07-14-2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Ok

Old 07-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It sounds like he may have been attempting to use one of the hacked firmwares that are around.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:31 PM

Yeah it was a hacked one i couldnt find a default firmware anywhere

Are you 100% sure the 60gb fatty has differences hardwarewise to the 30gb? Cause there is a tool called the 60 gigabyter that is supposed to work, i asumed it meant all 30gb firmwares that were hacked could be made to wrok on a 60gb

In recovery mode it wont get detected on USB at all. WHich is why im hoping putting my hd on another 60gb will fix it. Do i have any chance?

My computer is fine, as it was docking right untill i flashed it

Old 07-14-2008, 08:30 AM

Default Can Someone send me 1.21.02 60gb bin? hard to flash with 0% battery :(

Hey all,
All i need is someone with a 60gb zen to flash their firmware with the creative installer and then grab the nk.bin file from the ctwdjbj (something like that) folder while it flashes.

Id do it myself but because of my zen's faults it wont let me

Old 07-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah it was a hacked one i couldnt find a default firmware anywhere
Ok, sorry. I gotcha.

Quote:
Are you 100% sure the 60gb fatty has differences hardwarewise to the 30gb? Cause there is a tool called the 60 gigabyter that is supposed to work, i asumed it meant all 30gb firmwares that were hacked could be made to wrok on a 60gb
Yes, there are some differences hardware wise between the two, but I don't see why that can't be overlooked when using modded firmware. I was referring to the standard Creative issued firmware releases.

Quote:
All i need is someone with a 60gb zen to flash their firmware with the creative installer and then grab the nk.bin file from the ctwdjbj (something like that) folder while it flashes.
Check out this post and this link. They may be of some help.

Zen FAQ