android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi

Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 AM

Oops, I mean "Backlight Time". I'll correct my post above.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-22-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
Oops, I mean "Backlight Time". I'll correct my post above.

Yeah but even if you change the backlight time, your player still goes DIM.

You need to slide the button up to switch the LCD off.

Last edited by JunglePimp; 04-22-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:36 PM

Hello there. Was thinking about buying a Zen X-fi and I need a few answers.

I've had my Zen V 2GB for over two years now and I enjoy it to bits but I feel like I need a bit more space, and I feel that if I'm going to upgrade I might as well upgrade properly.

First of all how is the screen when compared to the Zen V. Always found the Zen V screen to be sturdy enough. Unfortunately screen protectors are pretty hard to get a hold of here, will the screen be completely ruined if I don't apply one? Is a leather case enough?

Second, does it work with the Creative Zen universal power adapter? Maybe a stupid question, but it's kind of important.

Lastly, any opinions on how it operates "in your pocket"? Will skipping songs be a pain?

I know, I created an account only for this, maybe a tad annoying :-/ Sorry.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guuy View Post
Hello there. Was thinking about buying a Zen X-fi and I need a few answers.

I've had my Zen V 2GB for over two years now and I enjoy it to bits but I feel like I need a bit more space, and I feel that if I'm going to upgrade I might as well upgrade properly.

First of all how is the screen when compared to the Zen V. Always found the Zen V screen to be sturdy enough. Unfortunately screen protectors are pretty hard to get a hold of here, will the screen be completely ruined if I don't apply one? Is a leather case enough?

Second, does it work with the Creative Zen universal power adapter? Maybe a stupid question, but it's kind of important.

Lastly, any opinions on how it operates "in your pocket"? Will skipping songs be a pain?

I know, I created an account only for this, maybe a tad annoying :-/ Sorry.
Ok i'll answer all of your questions one by one --

1. The screen of Zen X-fi is fantastic to say the least, pretty vibrant and won't get scratched too easily. But then screen protectors are a necessity, along with the skins and leather cover.

If you can get hold of a decent screen protector along with a leaher cover, thats about all the protection you require.

Check ebay for that. There are loads of screen protectors for 2.5" gadgets. (many a times the screen protectors are free with leather covers).

Only the leather cover might not be totally sufficient.

2. Yes it does.

3. Probably yes it will in the beginning, but once you get used to the operation system, i.e the buttons basically, it shouldn't be that much of a pain in the arse.

Once you end up purchasing a creative product, there are so many things to discover about it and learn, that you'll stay a member of this forum for long. And its not annoying at all, always a pleasure to serve ABI.

Good Luck

Old 04-24-2009, 04:38 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, I think I'll be picking one up tomorrow together with a screen protector and a leather case

Old 04-25-2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guuy View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, I think I'll be picking one up tomorrow together with a screen protector and a leather case
Ultimate! Welcome to the world of Zen X-fi

Old 09-26-2009, 02:07 PM

Anyone based in the UK and managed to get a good docking station with speakers for the x-fi?

Old 09-05-2010, 05:06 PM

So my problem is, I bought a 16GB SanDisk SDHC Card to increase the memory of my Creative Zen X-Fi 16GB, and there is a problem. Through the mp3 player's interface it recoginzed the memory card(and all of its info and what not) But when I plug the mp3 player(with the SD card in it) up to my PC, it does not recognize it. It doesn't say my Zen has more space, and I cannot access the card through My Computer. So, I thought I may need to take the card out of my Zen and plug it into a card reader and sync the music that way. My Computer recognizes it, but it will not let me access it. It suggests I format it, and when I accept it states that it cannot be formatted. And through Windows Media Player, it does not recognize the card either. (And according to Creative's homepage, my SDHC Card type IS supported.) I have been searching online for about 4 hours since I went and bought the card and I am desperate for help. Any help will do, Thanks.

Tags
d2, review, x-fi, zen x-fi