android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2008, 12:25 PM

Default Sound to quiet to hear

Recently I was getting problems with the battery not holding a whole charge so I updated the firmware thinking this might help.

Around the same time as adding the firmware the sound stopped working. When I play music I can just about hear something, but its so quiet that I can bearly make out whats being played. Changing the volume shows up on the screen but makes no difference to the sound.

The jack doesnt seem to be loose and moving it around makes no difference to the sound, and I cant see anything inside the socket that might jam it up.

Ive since reformatted the drive and tried the recovery software on creative website neither has helped.

As for the battery (I dont have an a/c charger, I use the PC) the charging symbol appears on the screen when plugged in and the yellow lightening flashes. Ive left it overnight and in the morning the charge symbol will be full but never lasts more than an hour or so.

Also if I fully charge it then leave it unplugged, the battery slowly drains despite being turned off.

Ive contacted Creative but they have asked for 70 ($140) to fix it, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]