android
Old 07-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Default Can I transfer games & themes in MTP mode?

Hello, proud owner of shiny new clix2. I am not sure if it ever had games on it, or themes etc, but when I started it up in MTP it reformatted and I lost the whole shebang.

I can see everything if I use my clix in MSC mode, but I prefer the way that files are structured in MTP as it is easier to navigate music that way (given that is the primary reason I purchased it!)

However, if I use the player in MTP on my computer, I can't drag and drop, or use iRiver's media player or indeed my MediaMonkey to move any non musac folders - it will let me make new folders but not upload .swf files, which is what all the games and themes appear to be.

Be grateful for any thoughts as to whether MTP is supposed to allow you to do these things or not. May be a fab product but the user manual is pretty unhelpful. I'm guessing it may be form over function and I will just have to live with music but no games to entertain me on the tube?!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-29-2008, 08:21 PM

First, make sure your WMP is up-to-date (i.e. WMP11). MTP does support drag and drop, and it is how I transfer my flash games / themes onto clix2. If you do have WMP11, maybe it is time to reinstall it.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:44 PM

Default OK.. Worked it out..

Pretty basic really - basically I CAN view my nice music database properly in MSC mode, once music is transferred onto player go into Advanced settings, and select Rebuild Library. (And make sure that Music Browse Type also in Advanced is set to Database)

Baaaa! Feeling slightly sheepish..