android
Old 07-21-2008, 01:02 PM

Default Does Clix2 Do Video in MTP Mode?

Hi,

Question about video on Clix2: I use an 8G clix2 Rhapsody in MTP mode with the Rhapsody-To-Go subscription service. That works fine so far, but I have not been able to get video onto the player. Does video work in MTP mode?

My attempt at transferring a video to the Clix2: I downloaded an MP4 file from youtube and tried to drag it onto the Clix2 in the My Computer page. I thought this might work and that I wouldn't need to convert because Clix supports mp4. A message said it would transfer the file but it would not be useable - it would only be transferred for storage purposes. I clicked OK and that appears to be what happened - it will not play.

After reading that the Clix supports a specific type of mp4 called "simple format" I thought maybe that's the problem - maybe the youtube file was not a "simple format" MP4. So I tried using the Movie Converter that came packaged with the software but it didn't seem to recognize the youtube mp4 file at all. I tried to drop and drag the file into Movie Converter and it didn't see it. I then used the "browse" function to import the file but Movie Converter thought the folder where the file was saved was empty - didn't see the file at all. So Movie Converter didn't help.

Then I messed around with Iriver Plus 3 which didn't seem to have any support for video at all and said that it didn't detect any portable device, so that was a complete failure. Then I read iRiver Plus 3 works only in MSC mode anyway - which I can't use because I use the Rhapsody-To-Go subscription service heavily - so that was no help either.

Can anyone help me get youtube MP4 video onto my player???

Thanks,

Jim

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]