android
Old 07-29-2008, 10:44 AM

hey,

I have a zen V plus, 4GB. Once it froze on the ZEN Plus start screen and i left it till the battery power drained out and it switched off. Later when i switched on it again froze on the same screen. I reset it a couple of times and tried to reinstall the sofware. But nothing happenned. Now the zen is completely switched off and not responding to any recovery action. I AM NOT ABLE TO EVEN TURN IT ON!
PLSSS HELP!

Ranjitha

Last edited by BobbyRS; 07-29-2008 at 10:49 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello and welocme to ABI.

It sounds like you have a discharged battery that needs to be addressed first. Using an AC charger and leaving it plugged in for a while would be best to see if it eventually begins charging or holding a charge again. If you don't have an AC charger to use, leave it plugged into a USB port for about a day to see if it can recover.

Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 08-09-2008, 07:35 AM

Well,

it never chanrged up, but after a few days it started working!! phew.. thanks...
IS ZEN alyways this random ??!!

Old 08-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Aging batteries can cause some weird behavior.
It's good to hear you have it back up and running.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-16-2008, 10:38 AM

Found a solution that fixes many freezing problems that can't be fixed any other way including reset. You have to disassemble the Zen plus unit then unplug the battery and reconnect it and reassemble the player. There are several places you can find in Google where they show you how to do this step-by-step including some kid showing how he does it in youtube. It isn't all that hard. In my case the player wouldn't even turn on no matter what I tried but after I took it apart, unplugged the battery and then reconnected it it's been working fine ever since. The battery has a little connector in the cord that pulls apart and reconnects easily. Framing around the screen might need a little drop of glue in a couple places after putting it back together but that's easier to live with than tossing the Zen in the garbage. Of course if you're still on warranty you may want to try returning it.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello mongoose57. Welcome. That process is discussed here often as well as the videos link to. However, in this case, the Zen will no power on. It doesn't have the problem of not being able to turn off.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-16-2008, 10:59 AM

Figured it must have been mentioned here but I'm brand new to the forum. That battery disconnect fix works for both not turning on or off probs.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, a reseat is always worth a try (if warranty's aren't an issue).

Zen FAQ

Old 10-05-2008, 11:13 AM

Yeah My shut off after like three months of it missing and I just installed the program and plugged it in and it worked (It was too late for my brother.)

People lie like lions sleep...... a lot!

Old 10-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sounds like you had a good battery (perhaps one that even had a good charge on it before it went missing).

Zen FAQ