android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision W

Old 07-29-2008, 10:11 PM

Unhappy PC won't recognize...doesn't even show up in Device Manager

It seems like everyone and their mother is having connection problems with the Zen Vision...add me to the list! I've spent hours and hours trying to fix this problem and this is my last resort (next to selling the thing on ebay!)

I got my 30GB Creative Zen Vision in June 2006 and it worked perfectly for the first six months or so. Then one day when I hooked it up to my laptop (windows XP on a dell), my computer didn't recognize it. I thought it was just a passing problem and didn't do anthing about it. I tried lots of forums and the KnowledgeBase on the creative website, to no avail. By the time I emailed Creative for help, my warranty had expired and they won't even look at it for less that $100. I paid almost $400 for this thing and I take really good care of it; I am 99% sure this problem is not my fault!!!

Any help is appreciated. Again I have a Zen Vision, I'm using Windows XP with SP2 and WMP 11 (I rolled back to 10 to see if that would work...of course it didn't). I deleted the firmware after reading that it helped someone else solve their problem, but now I can't reload it, so my zen turns on in "Recovery Mode". When I connect it to my laptop, the Zen powers on but the computer doesn't recognize it...it doesn't even show up in Device Manager. This is a frustrating problem, and I am desperate for answers! Thanks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello aklaswell. Welcome to ABI.

When you said that Device Manager doesn't recognize it.....With Device Manager open, plug in the Zen. Device Manager should refresh and load the Zen's driver. It should be listed under Portable Devices. Do you see the Zen's entry? Do you get any audible or visual alerts when you plug the Zen in? Have you tried all of the USB ports? Make sure to use the ports in the back of the computer. Have you tried a new USB 2.0 cable? How about trying on another computer to test?

Zen FAQ

Old 08-08-2010, 07:50 AM

I had the same issue with my ZVW. Read this thread, it was freakin BRILLIANT! http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=40237

Old 08-08-2010, 08:17 AM

moonchild111 did you happen to check the date on the thread that you revived?

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-08-2010, 08:52 AM

Talking

LMAO! I was just in such a euphoric state from reviving my $200 paperweight that I only thought of spreading the light to others in my predicament. Mine has been useless since XP SP3 came out. I used someone else's pc to put the newest movie I have on it, Kungfu Panda. I have been going to other sites that I have found useless information and pointing to this site for what I found. Yes, there are many others like myself seeking this solution all the way to late 2009 and some in 2010.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:16 AM

I understand and yes there's a wealth of knowledge here on abi, I left most of the other threads you posted to alone but the last post on this one's from 08-01-2008.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-08-2010, 09:24 AM

Lol, I am not the only one with the long dead expensive brick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitse View Post
Thanks denis ....

I searched for this problem for long back.. Just now i got resolved....

Cheer up man.........